3. Harmony of the Seas
Been on all the Oasis class ships more than once and always booked a waterview balcony. We always remark when walking through Central Park how nice it may be to book one of those balconies next time. Well, we did. Deck 10, 599 was close to being midship overlooking the Park Cafe. The cabin was as we remembered from last time on Harmony. Nice split closets and ample drawers. The first night my husband woke up listening for over an hour of crew members cleaning CP and screaming to each other. Finally at 5 AM, hubby told them to shut up. Next night was quiet, but following I woke up hearing 2 foreign voices screaming. Out to the balcony I went and couldn't see who it was. Call to Guest Services and voices quickly quieted. Not only are you disturbed while sleeping, but the pool band plays so loud late afternoons that sitting on your balcony to relax is impossible. So, don't book a CP balcony. The bottle of wine and lunch for 2 (which we never used) is not worth it! Our cabin had a few disturbing white stains on the sofa. Repeated cleaning didn't remove so it was covered by a sheet. Gone also are the soap dispensers in the shower. The bracket is still there. Our steward, Romeo, gave us ample tubes of shampoo and conditioner although we did not request. But, no body lotion. Glad I brought my own. Those tiny sinks although raised on this ship, are still too small and got tired of cleaning the spills as there was a drain on the floor to take care of water. Afterall, we were on vacation! Gone are the specialty dining first night specials so we ate in the MDR, Grande, each evening. Surprisingly each meal was appetizing although not always hot. The second night I asked for fresh ground pepper for my Caesar Salad. After a long time, waiter returned stating all the pepper mills were gone. OK. A DR Captain walked by and asked if all was as expected. That was my opportunity to ask about pepper millls. He answered rudely about how Europeans taste their food before seasoning and enjoyed how the chef has prepared it. Well, I wanted for my salad and told HIM Americans like to taste their food too before seasoning. He later returned and apologized. The following night we were shown to another table with wonderful wait staff which reminded me of cruising from years gone by! What a shame an incident like this caused us to experience fine dining. Oh, and a pepper mill appeared. Guess they still have them in the specialty restaurants. Bad experience on Labadee. Always enjoy having a blended MasterCard laying in my lounge while watching the Dragon Flight flyers zip by.Long trek to the big bar and bartender told hubby repeatedly it was a MC. Well, guess what. No, it was a Miami Vice. Returning to bar we were told they didn't have Mango mix. Someone missed that check box on the inventory list. Bartender deliberately lied the first go-around. How lucky we met Georgi, Assistant Bar Manager, on way back to bar and informed him of what happened. And only blender that worked was at the far end bar. BBQ same old cold BBQ chicken and ribs. Traveling with friends, they went to Windjammer before 3 PM to for a coffee drink only to be told WJ was closed. 2 crew members turned abruptly away when asked isn't WJ opened until 3:30? Luckily another superviser was in WJ and informed of rudeness. The shows are good. The photo gallery a joke. Passengers appear in your folio and their practiced reply is "oh, passengers must have given a wrong cabin number". No, happened too often and when we wanted a photo it wasn't in our folio. They all tell stories too and try to wear the passenger down. Being a Diamond member, I was entitled to 2 8/10 photos. Last one the staff member must have pressed 5x7 and then brought it to me and gave me stupid excuses as to size. So many pool deck lounges that it's hard to get in one as some are tied together. Pool butlers are hard to locate. Much better experience in Solarium. But some of the roof panels have blown out or are torn and therefore extremely noisy. How ironic the first sea day we attended the private affair by Captain Johnny and his officers. Repeatedly we were told how important we are. They wouldn't be where they are without us. Seriously? C&A drinks have been downgraded. Gone are the special tours for important passengers. So, this lengthy review of our experiences is for Royal Caribbean to read since past CC meet and mingle events attended by officers say they value our feedback and do read them. First time we didn't book a future cruise while on board. Have to re-evaluate cruising RCCL again. Such mixed feeling this time.

Never Ever Again Central Park Balcony

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by SRQtravelqueen

SRQtravelqueen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Don't book a CPV balcony. Very loud and you won't sleep through the night! And not relaxing during afternoon either with pool band blasting above you.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans