Norwegian Spirit Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin: Inside

I am a solo traveler, mid 50s female, experienced cruiser and past crew member. I choose this cruise due to the very port intensive itinerary, and they were amazing. Casablanca was replaced with Tangiers, supposedly due to winds...however, this was announced five days in advance, and was again for the next cruise..so I don't know. Tangiers was amazing, loved it. Funchal was skipped due to high winds, and that was very apparent. I was dissapointed, but couldn't be helped. The remaining ports were all wonderful, interesting and all excursions were well organized. I took an NCL excursion at every port, including disembarkation in Barcelona, all were well worth it. Highly recommend this itinerary.

The ship is older, but well maintained. I had an inside cabin, nice. No complaints. Exceptional service throughout, some of the best ever on a cruise. However, this was the quietest, and almost to the point of boring cruise I have taken. Very few activities, and most of those were extra money. No deck activities after 6 pm, ever. The pool deck closed up, lights off and chairs put away by 7 pm every night. Late night food virtually on existent. All food at room service now is $7.99 so obviously that was the goal, if your hungry past 11 pm..you pay.

Food was ok. MDR was very good, great service, Buffet was horrible, almost inedible. You can always find a salad, or ice cream..you won't starve, but you most likely will not find a seat. Is is an issue being that they don't open either MDR during port days, and most are early all on boards. I didn't visit any pay venues this time, I'm not buying the new ala cart menus.

Inside

Cabin IC

Nice, large enough, great bathroom

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Spirit Cruise from $1,178

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.