3. Liberty of the Seas
We chose this cruise to get warmer weather in the winter. It met our purposes wonderfully. The initial boarding was delayed due to fog, but Royal Carribean managed to board 4,000 guests - a full ship - in two hours. Our time from first stop in traffic, to terminal, to park car, to return and check in and get on the ship was only 55 minutes. over half of that was in traffic before we even got to the terminal. The ship was clean. Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. There was a tour group of about 1,000 on the ship with its own entertainment plans and this was the only negative for us on the trip - negative only in that some of the big venues were not available for as many dancing options or entertainment options as there probably are on a cruise without a large group. (The group was very pleasant - they just did their own thing most of the time.) Ask when booking if there are any large groups booking just so you know. We had LOTS of deck chairs available at any time. The Windjammer had ample seating all the time - I think we got a window seat at every lunch. I highly recommend using the dining hall whenever possible - breakfast, sea lunches and dinner. The staff makes your dining enjoyable and easy. Don't forget to order what you want. And, try things you find unusual or odd. The cooks are excellent, and you will probably love it. (example - Banana - Mango chilled soup appetizer for dinner? I thought it was weird, and so I tried it. Excellent, and perfectly set the stage for the main dish.). if you are unsure whether to order the fish or meat, just get both! The staff will ensure you get all you want! (One man had 5 lobster tails on lobster night. Seriously, ask for each dish you want to try!) The body and raft tubes were a blast! Even for those of us in our 60's, these were fun. Try them - you will like them. The tubes and the sports court are least used on port days, so if you want short lines try them then. I was surprised that the Windjammer shut down at 9pm every night, with only the Pizza place and the sandwich shop open for food after that, but hey, we had eaten about 6 times by then. Pizza was similar to fast pizza at CiCi's, but really is very good. It always smells great and is open until about 1 am. The Promenade Cafe is a hidden gem that has desserts and sandwiches 24 hours a day and really fast, short lines. Coffee on the ship was excellent. I liked RC's coffee so much I never got a 'premium' coffee. I recommend spending all the time you are not sleeping or changing clothes on one of the decks or at one of the ship's many events. You won't need a large room. The disco is open during the day for quiet reading and has the best view of the ship and ocean. Deck 4 has an outside walking area that completely encircles the ship. Take stairs to the bow of the ship and you can lean out over the point of the bow of the ship and recreate the Titanic's iconic bow scene with a friend. I loves circumnavigating the ship on this desk at all hours - day or night. Two lounges near the bow are on the 11th deck, hidden by doors from the pool level. These outside lounges are so quiet you can hear the waves from 150 feet below Relax here at least once. Finally, the pools have lots of variety for young to old and hundreds of chairs. Enjoy the sun and light breeze, even when moving. We seldom found the winds too strong to sit anywhere.

Refreshing week of pampering, food, sun, and relaxation

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by MileAMinuteMarv

Ask when booking if there are any large groups booking just so you know.

MileAMinuteMarv’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Cabin was configured with a single queen bed (felt more like king size). The room is small, but the love seat, make-up counter and lots of drawers made the room feel roomy. There is storage everywhere. suitcases fit under the bed. We got extra hangers and the closet easily held all our clothes. Small storage on each side of the mirror and in the bathroom gave us lots of space. Shower is tiny, but functional with two shelves for personal items. The thermostat worked well, cooling us at night and we could warm the room during the day. Bed was comfortable. Room was very quiet despite us having large families on each side. We only knew that because we saw them in the hall.
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans