We chose this cruise for the itinerary, Machu Picchu, Nazca Lines and Easter Island, The pre-tour package for Machu Picchu was well worth it, the third party company chosen by Oceania was excellent. Boarding the tender at Easter Island was exciting to say the least, the crew did a fantastic job. I really think that Oceania has to stick to their recommendations, when the brochure says a tour is not for people with limited mobility then they should not allow them to partake in that activity. This endangers others and takes away from the tour for others since extra care is needed for the people in wheel chairs and walkers. During the voyage there was an outbreak of sickness of some type and for the most part this was well handled, more official information would have helped, there were too many rumors. The crew did a great job and I know had to work extra hard since many of them got sick as well. The crew was excellent from the cleaning staff to the waiters, they were friendly, polite and eager to please. They made a real difference. The food was very good, not sure if it's really that much better than what we had on Princess and other cruise lines though (even though Princess has a cover charge for the specialty restaurants, the price difference more than offsets the cover-charge). Various people complained about the entertainment, I thought the piano player (piano bar) the orchestra and the various entertainment provided was what I expected and was adequate. My big complaint was the embarkation process it was a disaster, we arrived at the ship to see a long line up of people waiting in the sun, no tents, no water etc. Line up for us was about 2 hours for some as much as 3 hours, the average age of cruisers was over 60, that was a strain for a lot of people. A bit more thought is needed in how to do this in a port that does not have Cruise Line Access. My wife and I cruise for the locations not so much the ship or line. So far we've done Princess, Holland America, Norwegian and Viking. Oceania did not stand out as a must use cruise line.

Cruise to Easter Island

mpdavisca’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Marina price drops

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B1 8057
Cabin was what we were expecting. The staff were great and did there best, given the issues with sickness on board. Loved the location of this cabin. Am glad we did not get the next level up since the lounge was closed.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins