Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Sophia Lauren

• Sail Date: Sep 2017
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: undefined

We have chosen this cruise because it was supposedly be a 5.5 stars however we were VERY DISAPPOINTED with Celebrity Constellation!!! 1st day upon our check, the room was dirty, with stains on the chairs. The telephone in our room was so filthy and sticky, that the buttons, as you pushed them down would get stack and not work. Disgusting!!! Our bathroom floor had a leak problem. While we were on a shore excursion, the mechanics came and supposedly fixed the problem. Upon our return to the ship, we have not seen any improvement with the floor but we were definitely missing my husbands unique knife from the bathroom. We contacted customer service regarding the missing item but nothing has been done about that. The common areas were not well maintained or well cleaned. While we were dining at the Seaside Cafe (Self Service), nobody would come and collect empty plates. We have observed this pretty much every time we have dined at the Seaside Cafe. We have witnessed other guests cleaning the plates from a table, as the staff was not available to do that. Our anniversary was never acknowledged, even though it was clearly mentioned in our documentation. Our last day was in Barcelona where we have arrived very early in the morning and our assigned check out/leaving the ship time was at 7:30am. Guests from some other rooms had to leave the ship at 7am!!!! That is unacceptable. I have never seen another cruise or a hotel which kicked out their guests so early. What about the poor elderly people who had an afternoon departure for overseas flight? What about the people who were transferring to a hotel in Barcelona? No hotel allows you to check in at that time in the morning!!!! After our check out we proceeded to collect our luggage at the carousel. When I have received my suitcase, the collapsible handle on my bag was not working due to a big dent into the suitcase. Someone must of smashed my bag very hard. After our cruise we were traveling through Europe and I had hard time transferring from place to place with my large bag without a working handle. There is plenty more I could write about our experiences during our sailing. About what was unacceptable and disappointing. I will just summarize it with a comment, that we are experienced travelers who are not very picky, however Celebrity Constellation is definitely NOT a 5 cruise. If I was generous, I would give them 3.5.

Sophia Lauren's Full Rating Summary