3. Celebrity Constellation
We chose this cruise for the itinerary and have sailed with Celebrity many times before. We had been on the Infinity through the Ffords in the past and had a great time. We like the Solstice Class...Equinox...Eclipse....Silhouette, etc, but decided that it didn't matter it was a smaller ship the experience would be just as good as it had been on the Infinity....... Embarkation was great and we were on the ship in no time at all. We had a balcony cabin which was spotless. Our room attendant was great. We always try to do the set dining and ours was at 8.45pm...We were on a table of 10 and we all got on really well and had great servers. The food was great. I suppose the gripe is that the menu has not changed in the time we have been cruising with Celebrity but that's not a problem as you get to know what to expect. I had taken a picture of the menu from a few years ago and it was identical! Saying that, the food was lovely and we enjoyed our dining experience. The shows were ok but we like to go to the show at 7pm and then have a drink at the Martini Bar and then into dinner but on this ship they sometimes did the one show at 10.30pm which meant quite a rushed dinner and we inevitably missed the start of the show. The biggest problem for us was the pool seating situation......On the first sea day we went to the pool to get a sun bed at about 8.30 and I kid you not every chair was reserved with towels, books, magazines, even around the top level! I have never had this on any other ship I have been on. I managed to find 2 chairs and put them together and realised there is a big problem on his ship with reserving seats. Lots of people I spoke to had the same problem......Some said they had heard of people reserving beds at 6am..... We started observing what was going on and realised what the problem was......Firstly the pool butlers were not doing their job properly. They knew the seats were reserved but weren't doing anything about it. Secondly ...and this is a main reason.....on Celebrity you don't have to sign towels in and out like on Royal Caribbean. This means that some people were taking as many towels as they liked. On each sun bed it was common to see 4 towels.....two on the seat, one as a pillow and one to dry with! We overheard a man saying that he reserved 4 beds on the top deck and 4 beds by the pool to see where he would rather be and to capture the sun throughout the day. When people have finished with their sun beds they just left the towels on them and that made people unsure if they were taken or not. To be honest if the pool butlers had done their job properly there wouldn't of been a problem. I dread to think the amount of pool towels that were washed each day! Talk about Save the Waves! Never had a problem on RCI as you check towels out and then have to return them when finished.....making less work all round! One lady we spoke to had not had a seat for 2 days and she contacted the manager of the pool deck and he said that if she couldn't find a chair to ring him and he would personally get one for her which she had to do a couple of times. On one day there was couple of seats with towels and a book on opposite us on the top deck around the pool and no one sat on them from 9-3. Then a couple sat there in desperation and then this couple came ranting and raving they had just been to lunch, which was a lie as no one had been on them all day. I also believe people were going off the ship and reserving seats before they went so they had one when they got back! We're never having had this problem before it has put me off sailing with Celebrity to be honest which is a shame as I have enjoyed all my cruises before. We have already got one booked on Celebrity Silhouette in March and it will be interesting to see the situation on that ship. I am writing to Celebrity to make them aware of this problem and see what they say. It is such a ridiculous situation and one that can be easily rectified with the correct staff. It is a shame that this ship and Millennium do some lovely itineraries but looking at the Constellation the ship is in need of updating and compered to the lovely solariums on the Solstice class is not as good. We like to have a game of table tennis whilst on the ship but for some reason its at the end of the smoking section and the wind funnels the smoke into the area where the table is....Unbearable to play ! As you can tell this is the last time we will be sailing on this ship and any sister ships in the same class....Lets hope the Silhouette is better!

No sunbeds left at 8.30am!!!!!

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by hawaii46