3. MSC Splendida
Myself and wife booked this cruise because we wanted to cruise the Gulf..this would be our 3rd MSC cruise...but this one was totally insane.As Canadians we behave civilly and show respect to others....unfortunately the passenger make up of this ship are from various countries...and some are just pushy , uncivil rude obnoxiuos and unfriendly ...maybe they are just being gun shy(LOL)..I hope all are not like this...they do not smile and always pushing,speaking loudly,not queing,finger picking foods and the list goes on and on.........when you pay to cruise you expect that fellow passengers to be mannerly....maybe there should be a standard set. MSC did not deliver on this cruise....the food was very substandard..maybe others liked it...the shows were stupid and put you asleep,again catering to a small segment of the passengers,the band music,etc not too good too..oh well. MSC missed out on this cruise and things just did not go right..I will give them another chance but this one left a lot to be desired...The ship itself was nice and clean..and I had no issues with cabin except for the first night. ..They messed up at check in,they did not change the sheets(I had to complain and then they did),I complained to the restaurant manager about the food and suggested that the chefs and all cooks be replaced...lol ha..ha.. The initial life drill was a disaster...no one to show you or guide you to muster station..I have never seen anything like this...this is my 21st cruise..we did eventually find a man dressed in white who indicated that he is safety officer and crews would be coming soon...this man was reeking of liquor..totally wasted ..unbelievable...this was 10.40 pm and drill was for 10.30pm. I cant tell MSC how to run their business but a lot of senior officers need replacing. The cruise itself was not bad... For breakfast one should go to the sit down restaurant where you get real food...lunch and dinner in buffet is the only way to go..you can always find a piece of bread and cheese to eat.The restaurant at dinner is more flair than substance..we went once and ran away. So much dfor the ship....too bad MSC has failed miserably. Now for the cruise... Dubai can be navigated cheaply..there is a shuttle bus that takes you to Dubai mall for free,you can then buy a pss at the metro station and go by bus and trains to your desired choice of visit.. In Abu dhabi the same goes,a shuttle bue takes you to World centre mall,you can then hop a taxi to your destination..very good value...stay with metered taxis that have the cameras..just ask...their are scrupilous people wanting to take you but they are not metered nor part of the taxi system. The island of yas nasir was ok,but very cold the dat we went. In muscat this was dream...just go outside port and ask a taxi driver for private taxi..2or 3 peopl..I dont think 4 people can fit in car...just tell taxi driver you will pay #) Omani Ryals thats about 65Euros for a tour..he will take 3 hour tour. He will take you to Qaboos mosque(a must see),opera house,sultan palace,museum a few other places and drop you back to ship.THe key is to spend no more than 45 minutes at mosque,and other places just spend a few minutes We got our taxi at 8.50 and the man dropped us off at 12 pm...this was a bargain...they are fair people,do not tack on extra time unless you negotiate ahead of time...meaning you can tell taxi driver for every additional hour after 3 you will pay x amount..you can determine that amount but i was told it is less than 10 Omani Ryals...3 hours is alot of time. In all ports there is something called BIG BUs..hop on and Hop off..thats people's choice but you can navigate things on your own. In Kasabh port just walk to the town..its not far,you pass by a fort you pay 1ryal go see it then walk to town another 10 minutes..total walk time 20 minutes...you have all day. And please hold your breath..the italian cxrowds will push and shove ...just shout at them.. Have fun

Cruise was good...but look out for rude passengers

MSC Splendida Cruise Review by cruiselogic

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom – Fantastica

The cruise itself was not bad...

So much dfor the ship....too bad MSC has failed miserably.

Now for the cruise...

The island of yas nasir was ok,but very cold the dat we went.

Have fun
cruiselogic’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Splendida price drops

Interior Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin I2 11099
near elevator..not an issue..big enough
Piero della Francesca Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins