3. Volendam
Chose this cruise primarily for the itinerary. My wife and I have been to several of the places around the world that HAL travels and this one has certainly been on my bucket list. I gave this particular cruise 4 stars rather that 5 specifically due to some disappointment with the ship. As usual the crew, the service, and food were excellent but I was a little disappointed in the ship particularly since it had just been in dry dock for refurbishment within the past few months. We had expected some of the upgrades (ie: on demand television services, etc) from other ships and did not find them,. It appeared the what was primarily done was some paint, paper, and furniture. Not a grave disappointment but nevertheless below our expectations. As for the specific services everything was as we continue to expect on HAL cruises. Since we are 4 Star Mariners the embarkation and disembarkation was flawless as well as the priority tendering and other amenities that go along with that status. I was particularly impressed the new decoration, meals and service we encountered in the Pinnacle Grill and the Caneleto. Both beyond what we have come to expect. On the downside the on-board internet service leaves a lot to be desired. I have read many, many reviews from other passengers complaining of this and it seems they have fallen on deaf ears. Also, I was not aware until we got on board that this ship did not have the BB King Blues Club and band, big disappointment particularly since the regular on board entertainment was somewhat lacking. Overall I was pleased with this particular cruise and would certainly consider taking it again!!

Always pleased with the HAL experience

Volendam Cruise Review by rlwalte

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah

rlwalte’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Volendam price drops

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin B 7057
Typically furnished. Did not have the upgraded televisions.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins