3. MSC Splendida
I wanted to start and finish my cruise in Dubai as my daughter lives there. It was a bit daunting as I has never cruised before, but everything was made so easy. The organisation of this ship from boarding through to the disembarkation was done very efficiently. I particularly enjoyed the daily dance lessons of Vivi and Mejia, whose infectious encouragement made each lesson such a pleasure. The staff in the Villa Verde restaurant were very attentive, especially our waiter Pande, who kept our glasses charged at all times. We found the buffet in Pago Pago & Bora Bora rather overwhelming, so decided to breakfast and lunch in La Reggio Restaurant, which was more tranquil, and it was nice to be served at the table, having said that, the buffet in La Reggio was also excellent, and the fresh pasta cooked before your very eyes was just amazing. We took two of the ship excursions, one to Muscat in Oman, which was beautiful, and one to see dolphins whilst on a dhow, in Khasab, Oman. Both of these trips were so well organised and we thought good value. The pool areas on the ship were very clean and well looked after by the staff, all the bar staff were very accommodating and efficient. There was so much choice of entertainment at night that we found it hard to choose where to go. White Night in the Aft Bar was just amazing! I would not hesitate in booking this ship again as I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

Fabulous week

Jillieg’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Splendida price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2 9124
Cabin was very clean, beds and pillows were comfortable but sofa bed had seen better days and could have done with replacing. We would have liked to have a full length mirror in the cabin. Wardrobe had plenty of space with hanging room and 6 drawers. Balcony was small but adequate and bathroom functional and clean. Our cabin supervisor Mark, looked after our cabin very well and we were very pleased.
Piero della Francesca Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins