3. Oasis of the Seas
We chose this cruise on Oasis as a little romantic getaway and splurged on the Crown Loft Suite. While most of our cruise was great including speedy embarkation, awesome venues and our favorite place, the Coastal Kitchen; RC began a major construction project on the roof above us that lasted the entire week. The hammering, drilling banging and grinding that went on above us from 8 am to 6 pm was totally unbearable. On Monday, we inquired about the noise and asked if they could switch us to another room but were told that the project was complete and that it would be quiet for the remainder of the cruise....? Tuesday morning, we woke up to the banging again...and Wednesday and Thursday.....it never stopped! I recorded the noise every day and played it back for anyone that would listen?? My Concierge, my room attendant, the hotel administrator....? Finally on the Friday they offered to switch our room? seriously....? We had a day and a half left on our cruise? Thank you, but no....I would have gladly moved on Monday, but with one day left, we were not packing up our entire room and moving. When we returned to our room later that night, they offered us a 30% Future Cruise Credit which was nice....but did very little to make us feel any better about the way we feel they had treated us and the loss of this cruise. Our cruise cost us over ten thousand dollars including flights, hotels etc., and they offered us $1308 for me and $654.00 for DH to use toward another cruise...as nice a gesture as this was, if I'd had the option ahead of time, I would have chosen NOT to have a discounted CLS that was under construction. I know there are many people out there may have opted for the 30% discount and lived with the noise....but I would have chosen to PAY MORE for some PEACE & QUIET!!

Construction above our OASIS CLS ruined our cruise

Goes211’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Crown Loft Suite
Cabin L1 1748
Besides the noise...we loved the CLS! The two bathrooms, the large living space, the large balcony and proximity to the Coastal Kitchen were all perfect for us! We would definitely book this room again.
Deck 18 Suite Cabins