3. Norwegian Epic
Embarkation was lengthy but the energy around was happy so it was fine. Debarkation was a breeze. We walked off with our bags in no time. The stateroom definitely was interesting. We were in a large balcony stateroom and the balcony was great. The bathroom was something to get used to but we brought two posters and taped them to the door. It was fine. Plenty of storage. We did three specialty dinners. Maderno, Cagney’s, and Tappyanik. It was very enjoyable and a great experience. We loved all three. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the food very tasty. The entertainment was fun and plentiful. We saw “Burn the Floor” and “Pricilla Queen of the Dessert” and they were absolutely wonderful. They are very talented performers. They both are a must see. They have a venue called “the Cavern” where they have there Epic Beatles play. That was our highlight. They were great. You have to get there over an hour early and you would be lucky to get a seat or a place to stand. There were other performers that were good but played odd musical selections. We did not go to the comedy shows. We did go to “Howl at the Moon.” It was fun and interactive. As it gets later in the evening, it gets raunchy so if you get offended, you can just leave without issue. Hubby played a few trivia games of which he enjoyed and I took a couple cardio classes by the pool that was good but brief. The casino was fun but the smoke was so bad that I could only last for just so long. We did “Escape the Big Top” and that was fun. The Glow party was fun for a few minutes but after a while, we were done. All the staff seemed to work their tails off. They seemed very happy to be doing what they were doing and I enjoyed talking to them. They seemed very attentive. It was pretty fast getting drinks and they were all good pours on the wine. The pool bars are very understandably busy but not too bad. Getting chairs by the pool was impossible but doable in Spice H2O, the quiet adult area. There is a pool back there, a bar, and some food. We went to three ports. Falmouth, Jamaica (We did not like the aggressiveness outside the port so we just shopped inside the port and then went to Margaritaville and swam.) Grand Cayman (We went to the public beach next to Calico Jacks via the $2.50 bus and rented chairs for $5 each. We had a few beers and swam in the crystal clear water and ate from a food truck behind us. We had a fresh grouper platter for $10. That was fresh and delicious! There was sufficient restrooms here. We caught the bus back and walked around the port. This was a tender port.) Great Stir Up Caye ( This was a tender port but it was easy. If you have the drink package, your drinks are included. It was easy to get a lounge chair. They had a nice buffet, clean restrooms, and a small market run by locals. Someone brought Cheerios and fed the fish. It was fun watching the fish jump out of the water.) I would definitely go back on the Epic again. I will say that if someone had mobility issues, this would not be the ship of choice. Elevators were at either end of the ship and we were required to walk around a lot. The other issue was that the Epic Beatles were so popular but the venue they played in was way too small. I was slightly annoyed that I made reservations for the shows very early and later found out that they changed them. Lastly, our cruise director was almost non existant. We almost did not know who he was. I think his name was JoJo. All in all, it was great and hubby and I had a blast.

Excellent service and it was pretty easy to get drinks.

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by lisalee224

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Balcony

lisalee224’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Large Balcony
Cabin B6 10079
Loved the balcony! It was spacious and shaded. The bathroom situation is odd but it only took a day and two posters on the door and we were fine. The bed was comfortable and there are many pockets/ shelves/ and hidden storage throughout.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins