• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Solstice Review

Editor Rating
30 Awards

I had a ball, but it was of my making and mindset - no assistance from Celebrity

Review for Celebrity Solstice to Australia & New Zealand
exactlyjan
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2017
Cabin: Inside Stateroom 9

Our room was tiny but clean. Met the room attendant on day 3 at which time an additional dressing gown and towels etc. matched the number of people in the room.

I opted not to fall for the expensive drinks packages and monitored my daily spend by paying as I went. This did not go down well with most of the bar staff. It was clearly a matter of annoyance to produce a receipt for me to sign.

There were difficulties around spending and my account because I was operating with a debit (not credit) card and I have to say the customer relations team were hopeless and sorting it out and there was a major breach of privacy on one occasion that took another 3 days to resolve.

Inside Stateroom 9

Tiny but adequate and clean

Port Reviews

Port Douglas, Australia

Return to ship on tender. Near fatal experience, I could not believe how dangerous it became. It took over an hour for people to get off the tender and back on to the ship because the tender operators where clearly amateurs. A huge piece of steel used to tie ropes was ripped off and flew wildly towards the smaller vessel because the smaller vessel could not line up and dock against the ship correctly. The ramp used was too small and flew wildly up and down (a good 5 feet or more) and I witnessed the deck hand forcing passengers, many elderly and some disabled, to make a run across this wild plank in the Pacific. Celebrity need to take care to check the experience of the tenders they employ and ensure the safety of it's paying passengers at all times. If that piece of steel had made contact with a human it would have killed them.

10 Helpful Vote