Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

RCCL - great ship, lousy service

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by pilotinparadise

• Sail Date: Dec 2009
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

The ship is a remarkable piece of art and technology. The people who work on it are sub standard. I've gotten better service at a midnight Walmart.

The food ranged from fair to fabulous. We had a stateroom with a very private porch and balcony overlooking the back of the ship. A true million dollar view.

I found the crew relentlessly trying to put their hands in our pockets. Every few minutes we were molested (asked if we wanted to buy a watch, camera, drink, T-shirt that advertises RCCL, etc. I found it a pain).

Few of the staff understood or spoke English, and the ship was saturated in American clients. A visit to the customer relations desk surprised me. Both my wife and I walked away feeling like we were interrupting the woman behind the desk.

My favorite things about this ship; Wonderful hot tubs, clean, opulent furnishings, quiet smooth traveling. Visually this is art molded from thousands of tons of steel.

My biggest complaint is the coffee. I drink a pot every morning. The stuff on RCCL was bitter and burnt to the point that it was a conversation joke at every table we shared with strangers. All I had to say was 'have any of you tried the coffee' and everyone would crack up. I truly suspect they make this stuff solely for the purpose of forcing their patrons to purchase espresso. The way I consume this stuff, it would have cost about $500 for our cruise.

For a first cruise, we had a great time. I don't think I'd choose to do business with RCCL again. I'll try a company that's a little less arrogant and wants to make a customer rather than make a buck. Too bad, the ship's so pretty.

pilotinparadise's Full Rating Summary

Cozumel

I can't wait to get back to Cozumel. Wonderful area. We'll fly in with some friends for a few days in March.

Belize City

I only gave Belize City a ONE because ZERO wasn't an option. We took a nice horse driven carriage ride through streets that appeared to have open sewage running in the gutters. The locals were brutal and I felt they hate Americans.

pilotinparadise