3. Golden Princess
I'm a first time cruiser but had been interested in going on a cruise for ages, when I found out about this cruise from a friend and it got me excited about having a cruise that will leave from my home port! No plane flights, no hotel stays interstate, bonus! When I spoke to another friend about it, they were in on it too, so we booked, paid the deposit and bingo, cruise here we come! The ship is beautiful and I instantly fell in love with the Golden Princess but what was there not to love? She was going to be our home for the next 17 nights. The ship is easy for people to find their way around without too much trouble. The crew were wonderful, friendly, courteous, welcoming and they have a great sense of humour. The activities organised by the Cruise Director's Team were varied so that there was something for everyone and if you missed something the first time around because you were busy doing something else on the day, there was opportunity if the activity was a popular one to be repeated later in the cruise. The cabin, A257 on the Aloha Deck has the aft elevators and stairs nearby and the cabin itself has cabins both underneath and up on the upper Lido Deck as well so you're not near the public areas of the ship. Getting to places on the ship from the cabin is easy too. Some places are easier to walk to than others though. For meals it was eating at the Horizon Court Buffet, Prego's Pizzeria or from the Trident Grill on the Lido Deck as I prefer the relaxed atmosphere over the Dining Room. There was always a good selection of food to choose from in the buffet. Didn't have shore excursions planned or booked but did our own thing in the ports we visited in New Zealand. The entertainment onboard in the Princess Theatre or in the Explorers Lounge was some of the best entertainment I've seen, whether it be singing, dancing, karaoke, jugglers, comedians and everything else in between, it was always good. Disembarkation Day is sad when your holiday is over but the Disembarkation process is smooth and you are given all the information you need to know prior to the day, if in doubt, the staff at the Passenger Service Desk will answer your questions. In summary, I would love to repeat the cruise again as I had the best time. I loved it so much, I was thinking of how I could stowaway on the ship, that's how much I loved it. It was my happy place in my ship bubble but all good things must come to an end. I highly recommend the cruise to others though and I hope that you have a wonderful time just like I did.

Time of my life!

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Kayebee71

Kayebee71’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC A257
The cabin has on the lower and upper decks other cabins so you don't have the noise of the public areas. The aft elevators and stairs are nearby for convenience.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins