Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Lyn131247

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 1A

We had done the same cruise in 2013 and a Reflection in the Mediterranean in 2014 and as both were super I booked Solstice again.As our agent knew our preferences I stayed with her and the process was stress free.

Starting with the negative aspects so I can finish with a plus. Some of the daytime talks were just about selling their products. One on looking more youthful as we age was actually selling Botox treatment and another on reducing weight was also selling.There was also a persistent campaign to sell restaurant deals and drinks packages. Those trying to sell the WiFi deals would have a hard time as the cost was over the top.

Pluses... The cleanliness, service and friendliness was 100% in all areas of the ship.

The entertainment around the ship and the nightly shows were amazing and catered to a wide variety of tastes but, as the clients were mostly over 50, they were the target audience.Absolutely perfect for me! The lawn and swimming areas are a joy and the enthusiasm of the activity staff is endless.

Suggestions... If you want newspapers ask for a daily highlights copy in Guest Relations and if you like large servings of food in the dining room just ask. The portions have been reduced due to previous wastage. I also preferred to eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room whenever possible. I didn’t do any of the ship’s excursions as I had found them to be expensive.The big plus was, for those who did, a full refund was given when we had to miss a port due to inclement weather.

Although the ship is a little tired the overall experience makes it excellent value. I plan to cruise Celebrity again.

Lyn131247's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 1A
Cabin 1A 8226

Great position near the lifts. Noise is not an issue at all. It’s on the starboard side on the front of the “ hump” and has a slightly larger balcony and great view. There’s plenty of storage space and a reasonably roomy bathroom.

Lyn131247