Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by dalmatianlvr

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aquatheater Suite with Balcony

We always wanted to see this huge ship. It was amazing. We went star class, booking our trip almost 2 years in advance. So with that we had a lot of extra perks ($$$) there were 7 of us so it was worth it. We had a genie (Joyce) and she took care of everything. We were on and off the ship, even through customs, in just minutes. The specialty restaurants were amazing. We loved our cabin. In the past we had always booked two or three rooms. This time we had a two bed two bath suite with a huge veranda. Out kids loved it. We went to celebrate our sons college graduation and our triplets 18th birthday and upcoming high school graduation. We enjoyed the Rock wall, which was not easy to do! The kids zip lined. We never did the wave thing. My oldest two really enjoyed the Atlas bar on deck 5. We were very spoiled on this vacation and will definitely go again in a couple years.

Our specialty restaurants were included in our cruise. We ate at all of them. We never did the main dining room or the buffet. If you want to try just one or two I would recommend Chops! We ate there the 1st night and it was the best steak we ever had. We ate at Sabor twice (Mexican food)

Haiti: we stayed at barefoot beach. The two oldest did the zip line. They loved it. If we go back we would do the zip line as well.

Jamaica: we did blue-hole /river tubing and it was beautiful. Our guides did a great job and it was so fun. A 90 min bus ride though. If you stop in Ocho Rios I would def do this one again but the ride from Falmouth was a bit long(from Ocho rios is about a 15-20 min drive) We did book this with the ship. I had read reviews and considered booking through a local because of the price,but decided against it. After going on this excursion I am glad I went through the ship. We never felt unsafe, I just wanted the peace of mind to know we would make it back to the ship on time. We did, but did not have time to shop before getting back on board.

Last time we stopped in Jamaica we did dunes river falls. If I had to pick between the two I would do the blue hole, hands down.

Cozumel: we went on our own to Dolphin Discovery and spent the day. We did the royal dolphin swim ❤️ I booked this directly through the DD website. I saved a lot of $. We took a cab after getting off the ship. The park is very nice. The staff was awesome. Lunch and drinks were included. Food was okay. We bought some fish tacos from the bar at the beach and they were awesome.

Photos!!!! Cameras are not allowed for the dolphin encounters. Our quoted price when we arrived was $490. (For the 7 of us, $70 pp). I said no way. Then when we got ready to do our swim we were offered a family price of $350. This included the cd and a photo book. I bought this because this is about what I saved by booking direct and the photos were awesome and I wanted them! I recall seeing a free offer for the cd when I booked but it was not listed in my receipt and confirmation. This was a once and lifetime experience for our family and we loved it.

dalmatianlvr's Full Rating Summary

Aquatheater Suite with Balcony
Cabin A4 9330

2 bedroom 2 bath with familyroom and a 700 sq ft balcony. What can I say but Wow""

We were in the back. Nice and quiet. Room steward Fernando was great! We had breakfast on our veranda most mornings. 7 of us in the room. Plenty of space and privacy. We enjoyed the shows at the aqua theater from our balcony

Ziplining

Awesome! 2 of the 7 of us did this. It's expensive, but I'd try it if make it here another time.

View All 233 Ziplining Reviews
Dolphin Swim & Encounter

This was amazing. I had done this 2x before but this time we had all our kids and it was great. We spent the whole day here. We arrived early and were able to go ahead and do our swim. Photos are expensive. We were given a family rate after I refused to pay the per person rate. They also mad a photo book and it is very nice!

View All 456 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews
Irie Blue Hole

This was great! We had about 5 holes to jump in and they just kept getting higher!!! Kids loved it. Take tip $$. River tubing was nice, food at the end was very good. It was an hour and a half drive. A bit too long. No time to do any shopping. This was better than Dunn river falls. I'd do blue hole again if I didn't have to be on a bus (we docked in Falmouth, it's a much shorter drive from Ocho rios)

View All 62 Irie Blue Hole Reviews