3. Costa Deliziosa
Sadly, for us, not one of the best - maybe even our worst, for stupid niggling reasons. Poor service, and they don't seem to care... Embarkation was very easy, through Port Everglades. Upon boarding they did said they would advise when our cabins would be available, and bags there, but that was never announced. In the end we just went up to the room and found our cases in the room with the keys sat on the bed. Don't expect dinner in a hurry; Examples, first nights dinner we had to wait almost one hour for our food to arrive, and over one hour to be served drinks. We only just finished meal in time for Muster station drill at 8:30, having been seated at 6:15 - the service it was very slow and inattentive. Sadly the food was nothing to write home about, either, in fact the fish cakes were returned by two of our ladies, the pasta was not cooked properly, and the sauce was tasteless. It was a very poor meal, certainly no way to impress new guests. It was like the crew had never served customers onboard before, and the only comment from the Maitre'd when I complained was "it should get better". Which to be fair it did, marginally, but the food quality is still poor and/or confused. One evening the menu offered trout, which I ordered, but what turned up was salmon - which I do not like! Other guests on our table, who were Italian/American, also complained and returned food; they ordered turkey one evening (American Dinner night!), supposedly stuffed, but there was no stuffing - they didn't complain to the waiter. My wife ordered a chicken dish thinking that could not be wrong, sadly it was returned as it was too tough to cut! Several evenings we were virtually the last table to leave the restaurant; along with this and other items I raised complaints with the senior staff, and they simply told us the slow dinner is the Italian way - though not so true according to the very nice Italians we were sharing a table with. One evening there was a new assistant waiter, we assume to help speed things along. However when he was asked to serve our wine it was clear he did not know how to open a bottle of wine; he did not remove the foil before trying to pull out the cork. I had to show him! He then broke a cork in half on another bottle of wine he tried to open at our table. There are enough staff in the restaurant but they never appear to know what they are supposed to be doing! Similar with the sit down breakfast 35 mins to be served, dishes missing items (the avocado on the Mexican breakfast)! I had ordered two brown toast, two eggs, bacon and sausage. The eggs arrived, alone, then after asking the sausage and bacon was brought. The toast arrived, but was white, so we had to wait again.. If you order the individual items, as a breakfast, it all arrives on separate plates - you need a larger table- The German couple on the table next to us had similar issues, in fact worse for her, in that she was vegetarian and was served her eggs with bacon, that she didn't order! We were approached by various maitre'd asking how things are now, or for us to recount the incidents, but nothing appeared to be improving. Sadly, it all seems to be the 'acceptable' normal on Costa. Other issues. Costa App - the Virtual concierge does not work on the three occasions we tried to order items nothing arrived, every time we had to call housekeeping. The invoice/billing details on the app display are not the same as front desk have? Strangely, perhaps conveniently, the app also had no ability to provide feedback. If you take the wine deal watch that they correctly count, ours was wrong on two occasions, and if you take a bottle from say a bar, don't expect that they are smart enough to be able to deposit it to the restaurant for you later - not they give it back to you and ask you to carry it to dinner yourself later....lol! We signed into the spa, and I have to say the service from the staff there has been excellent, wonderful ladies who could not do more and could do well to show the rest of Costa what customer service means. However, the pool in the spa is falling apart; there are loose mosaic tiles in the bottom of the pool, the gully covers are all loose and broken, and the pool needs cleaning. Lastly, understand that they apply a mandatory service charge $12.50/day/pp. Which in itself is fine, and I have no problem paying service or leaving generous tips, but seems Costa want your money (I'd like to know that 100% actually goes to their staff?) but have little desire to deliver quality service to the customer, and when they do not you still have to pay the full service charge - it's a one way contract! If someone had turned around and said sorry, yes we screwed-up, got it wrong, here have a drink on us, or made some sort of gesture to try and put things back into perspective I'd likely not be writing this, but as I already said Costa staff top to bottom just shrugged their shoulders - take it or leave it! When you get the ten days, or so, holiday you want every day to be a positive experience, not a running battle to achieve reasonable customer service - we were very disappointed which made this perhap the worst cruise we have been on, and we have sailed many other times; Carnival, Holland and America, Celebrity, Olsen, Tui/Thompson.

Disappointing Customer Service, Clearly Costa are running to tight budget

Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review by Blackdogn3

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Premium

Poor service, and they don't seem to care...

Don't expect dinner in a hurry;

Other issues.

Blackdogn3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Deliziosa price drops

Balcony Premium
Cabin BP 8289
Good standard room, clean and tidy.
Bed was certainly on the firm side.
Shower.
Level 9 is the entertainment deck and restaurant, immediately above, sadly you can hear people stomping about, or staff moving chairs and tables around through the night.
We wouldn't choose this level/location again.
Petunia Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins