3. Norwegian Star
I chose cruise for itinerary and price. Our cabin was adorable, loved the shower. It was small, interior cabin midship on the fourth floor. I enjoyed being so close to the exits at each port. I thought the shows were great. Lots of variety. It's the medical facility and the food (taste, service, quality) that I am complaining about here. I got sick on the third day of our 14 day cruise (everyone on the ship seemed sick already.) $325 for over the counter cold treatments and what the "doctor" said was a zpac. I just got sicker and sicker. At one point, I had trouble even breathing because of asthma and coughing. "doctor" wanted to charge me again! I went to pharmacies in ports and got some actually helpful medications and advice (steroids and throat spray.) The food was tasteless. Even specialty restaurants offered lackluster choices. Service could take an hour to an hour and one half. Our room steward was uninterested in our needs or anything more than basic turndown service. The gym offered classes with surcharge (about $15 a class.) but did not include anything other than the equipment and towels. There was no sauna or showers or even a changing room. Daily activities were a joke or included a hefty price tag. Afternoon tea was cookies at 3:00 pm in the buffet! Shore excursions were better left to when you got off the ship. We paid for "cliff divers and Fort of San Diego" but when we got there, there were additional entry charges. Night life for the over 40 crowd seemed hopping but I was too sick to care. I love cruises for the food and service. I get to live like I don't have to care about prices and laundry and working. I felt this cruise lacked that "everyone is special" treatment that my cruise price usually buys.

Just say No

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by jan2058567

jan2058567’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IE 4597
Room was small but tidy. Plenty of storage for two people who get along. You could not open bathroom door or closet or entry door at the same time. Bed with bunk above had poor view of TV. Easy access to elevators but on port days sometimes got congested because 4th floor was also exit/ entry for ports and tenders.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins