3. Carnival Paradise
We decided to go on this cruise since we invited to a wedding .My wife and I have been on mutliple cruises with Royal Carribean (Allure and Oasis of the Seas) and also previously on .a Carnival Cruise out of Port Canaveral. We left out of Port Tampa. Parking was easy, right across the street. We were lucky to board the ship early for the wedding. The staff was very nice. We had a balcony room on Deck 11. The maid service was excellent and attentive. The room needs updating and the bed was OK, not real comfortable. Once you go on a Rpyal Caribbean cruise, I guess we are spoiled. So I will try to be objective. The first day out to sea, the boat was rocking and rolling due to higher than usual seas. We were told one of the stabilizers was not working on the ship, thus the rough ride. Thank goodness we don't get seasick, but a number of others did. The food choices were limited, the first night we ate at the buffet and it was lousy. The rest of the trip we ate on deck 8 at My time dining (Elation) . The food was definitely much better and the staff was excellent. We recommend the My time dining option, you can go anytime from 5:30 till 9:30 PM, and the food was excellent and made to order from the menu. The choice of shows was ? No choice. We saw one 80's type of production ,it was 50 minutes long, and I must say, even the singing sucked. Sorry. The casino was good to us, both me and my wife won money just playing slot machines. The key is, when you win on a machine, cash out and go play something else, don't ever sit there and put your winning back in the same machine, you WILL lose.We spent time on the pool deck because we smoke, did not go into the small pools or two small hottubs. The hottubs were always filled with the same people and kids. If you like to drink, get a drink package, I brought my own...lol , but if they catch you they will confiscate your alcohol when you are boarding. Cozumel was just OK, been there a few times. If this is a first time cruise, it may be OK for you. For us, if we go on another cruise, it will be on a much larger boat like a Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas. Much better quality and more choices.

4 Day Cruise to Cozumel in late Jan 2018 out of Tampa

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by franklen

We left out of Port Tampa. Parking was easy, right across the street.

We were lucky to board the ship early for the wedding. The staff was very nice.

We had a balcony room on Deck 11. The maid service was excellent and attentive.

The room needs updating and the bed was OK, not real comfortable.

Thank goodness we don't get seasick, but a number of others did.

franklen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin JS v14
Fair at best, outdated. The showers were bigger than usual, which was nice
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins