3. Silver Muse
Its impossible, in a few words, to describe just how bad this cruise was! The way the restaurants were run, the quality of food and service, was just disgusting. I have sailed with Silversea's over a 100 days, but never, never again. I firmly believe this company has now set its sights onto a totally undiscerning client, who will accept a much lower standard. Of the passengers I spoke to, not one disagreed with my complaints. This review site gives you tips on the subjects to write about, so I will rate out of 5, each one: Ship) 2 - No atmosphere at all, and badly laid out. The main bar was too big and lacked atmosphere. Its was Xmas, but the entire room had just one small Xmas tree, no other decorations. The service of canapes was virtually non existent and when they did arrive, usually very few left on the tray. Much less staff than you used to get. Non of the staff, including management, or indeed the Captain, had a smile on their faces. They walked about as if just trying to get through the day! One passenger commented that she thought they were actually virtual reality and not human at all! Cabin) 3 - Average, with some very poor design faults Dining) 0 - An utter disgrace, not helped by poorly trained, surly eastern European staff. The food had little choice, poorly cooked and invariably cold! Same menu for a week at a time, with everyone fighting to get a table of 6 or more. The restaurant management were never around to take complaints. I myself asked to see the food and beverage manager, which took from 10pm one evening to 11am the next to get to meet him. Entertainment) 1 - You get what you pay for. Second rate holiday camp entertainers. Service) 0 - The worst I've ever encountered on board a ship, and I've cruised for over 50 years! Shore excursions) 0 - Words fail!! In summary, Regent Cruises here I come!!!!

Worst cruise ever

Silver Muse Cruise Review by Tony Marcus

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Silver Suite 1
Its impossible, in a few words, to describe just how bad this cruise was!

Of the passengers I spoke to, not one disagreed with my complaints.

Cabin) 3 - Average, with some very poor design faults

Shore excursions) 0 - Words fail!!

In summary, Regent Cruises here I come!!!!
Tony Marcus’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Silversea Silver Muse price drops

Silver Suite 1
Cabin S1
Average, with poor design features. I.e. Shelves to the floor which don't pull out, you therefore have to go down on all fours to get into them.

We asked for twin beds, but the room didn't cater for them, i.e., the bedside lamps were behind the pillows etc!

Fruit brought once and left day after day to go moldy.

Cabin breakfast, not fit to be called food. The toast was dry, cold and tasted like cardboard.

It had no luxury feel about it at all.
Deck 11 Suite Cabins