3. Celebrity Constellation
We had never cruised before and were sceptical, however the whole experience exceeded our expectations. Having flown to Dubai we were then subjected to a two hour road trip to Abu Dhabi, I am sure there are fiscal reasons for this but not for the travellers. In my opinion the cruise should have sailed from Dubai or we should have been flown into Abu Dhabi as we were very tired after a night flight nd unnecessary road journey. Once we joined the ship things got better, Celebrity Constellation is a very nice boat, showing a few signs of its age but otherwise very pleasant. Our cabin was on deck seven and uniquely forward facing, it was well appointed and comfortable. However it did not have any form of opening window or door as do the balcony staterooms and did need more fresh air. The cabin was very well tended by very pleasant staff, clean and comfortable. A small observation is the lack of content offered on the tv for those quiet moments when you just want to chill out in the comfort of your own space. My other issue is WiFi it is an expected service in all quality hotels and the cruise ship should not be an exception, it was available on board but for $29 an hour and they thought that was reasonable, well I don’t. The dining was amazing, we chose to dine in the SAN Marco restaurant and every night was a five star dining event, the staff were truly wonderful and made our whole experience, the variety and quality of the food was fantastic. We have dined in some very good restaurants and this equalled all of them. The entertainment on board was very professional, I think I expected a bit of hi di hi, but not so all of the shows were West End standard and a joy to watch. The casual entertainment in the bars and lounges was also to a very high standard and very enjoyable. Time for a criticism the sun deck and pool areas were well equipped but the age old problem of selfish people getting up early and putting towels etc on beds to reserve for later meant that there were many occasions when you could not get a sun bed. We witnessed sun beds lying empty with towels etc on them for over three hours on many occasions and people walking the decks to find somewhere to sit. This could and should have been avoided. Many good class hotels manage this efficiently why not the cruise ship? One final issue tipping, I have no problem with rewarding good service but after you have received it not before, to just take it on a daily basis despite all else and the things I have mentioned in this review to me is undesirable. Believe me we tipped the restaurant staff in addition because they enhanced our experience but I do not agree with blanket gratuities as we didn’t get the same level of service from everyone. In conclusion this was our first cruise and it won’t be our last. It was a truly wonderful experience that could just have been tweaked to perfection with a little more thought.

An exotic Arabian adventure

Kgurney1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Ocean View 7
Cabin 07 7000
I know we chose the cabin and thought that a forward facing cabin would be a unique experience, however it did need ventilation. Otherwise it was comfortable and well tended.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins