3. Celebrity Summit
First off, Celebrity has their act together on embarkation. We got there 2 hours early, went through security, went right up to a desk and right on board the ship. No waiting, no fuss, no muss. Why the other cruise lines don't do that is beyond me. No, the rooms weren't ready but they never are. I'd rather wait on the ship than in a holding cell...err, room, waiting for my number to be called. The ship is one of the oldest in the fleet. Yet, it is in great shape. Were there signs of age, yes. But they were minimal and only noticeable if you looked for them. The cabins were very clean, in good shape and just as nice as any others. The thing that set this cruise apart was the crew. The wait staff, the cabin steward and everyone else were amazing. The best I've ever had and that's saying something. The ports were went to were ok, except St. Kitts. It was awesome. We didn't get to go to Nassau because the seas were too rough so we had 3 straight days of sea days. That got a tad old. Captain Kate was awesome. She is really funny and personable. Most enjoyable captain of any ship I've been on. If I had her on every cruise I'd love it. Seriously, she must be seen to really appreciate her.

Don't believe all the negatives about this ship

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by mikeaa86

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 3

The cabins were very clean, in good shape and just as nice as any others.

mikeaa86’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 3
Cabin C3 7212
Awesome. Huge room and huge balcony. Well worth the cost.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Ziplining
    Great zip line. There are 12 total lines (IIRC). Was lots of fun.

I had seen pictures of Antigua beaches on travel shows and they were awesome. We didn't go to the beach. We docked in St. Johns and drove to the zip line place. I don't know about the beaches but frankly the interior that I saw was a dump. The houses were in disrepair and not from the hurricane(s). The roads were all chewed up and there were open sewers in St. John that dumped right into the harbor where the ships were docked. We're used to beautiful blue water in the caribbean. Even in the harbors. The St. John harbor was green. Although the water outside the harbor was beautiful. If you go to Antigua, go to the beach.
    View All 17 Ziplining Reviews
  • San Juan
    We got to San Juan a day early so we could tour the city. We walked around the old city and took a harbor tour with east island pr. It was really nice and worth the $45 we paid. San Juan is one of my favorite spots in the Caribbean and it didn't disappoint.

We were there during the Fiesta de San Sebastian. Big excuse just to party with the locals. Lots of free music, dancing in the streets, street vendors and lots of food and drink. Emphasis on the drink. We left before it got out of hand. Loved San Juan!
    View All 3,737 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts
    Walked around Bassaterre for a bit. Went to a very old and cool Anglican church about 4 blocks from the port. Like most caribbean cities, it was old and it showed. Found a cab outside the port and the driver took us to a nearby beach. Let me tell you, St. Kitts is what I think of when I think of a caribbean paradise. Outside the city it was awesome. Well kept roads, beautiful homes and resorts. Clean beaches. It was great! Check out real estate prices on St. Kitts. It will tell you everything you need to know.
    View All 1,687 St. Kitts Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    We kept looking for excursions in St. Thomas and all we could find was Magens Bay stuff. Didn't want to do that with 3 ships in port so we walked the 2 miles to downtown.

This place got hammered by the hurricane. The reason there weren't any other excursions was because there was none. Virtually everything was wiped out. We passed a couple of buildings that were completely destroyed. We walked past a ball field that they were using to dump the debris. There were large hills full of debris. I hope St. Thomas recovers soon but we stopped at the FEMA office and the guy there said it's going to be years before it's back to the way it was.

Sad.