3. Carnival Splendor
This was our 1st cruise and we had a great time. Embarkation was easy, we were even a few minutes early and that was no problem. When we walked on the ship we went right to guest services to add our credit card to our account. It took 2 minutes and off we went to enjoy our vacation! Our stateroom was on the 7th floor aft. The room was a great size for the 2 of us. However, I could feel the boat rocking a lot and it did make me ill at times. Marvin was our room steward and he was amazing. I asked for ice and robes and evening service and that's exactly what I got. Not once did we pass Marvin in the hall when he did not ask how we were, what our plans were or if we needed anything. He was amazing!!! We did your time dining and our waitress was Elizabeth and she remembered us even thought we didn't eat there every night. We ate at the steakhouse which was amazing. I would do that again Never had a problem or a wait to get a drink, the deli was good, the Tandoor was too spicy for me and we did not try the pizza place. Had a great time in the sports bar and the casino. Comedy shows, nightclub and piano bar were all fun too. We did not use the spa and did not go to the art shows. The only excursion we did with Carnival was zip lining in Mahogany Bay and that was amazing. We never encountered any issues with the service on the ship. The waiters on the pool deck was great, he knew I loved the puffer fish and coconut drink holders. I only have some minor complaints. First, the coffee is awful both on the Lido and the Coffee Shop. At the coffee shop, they always had one lady working and she would get very backed up. Second, the eggs on the ship are gross, they were scrambled and they were sort of laying in water. Disembarkation was easy and we only waited 10 minutes or so in the customs line. Overall, we had a great time and we loved it. Already looking for another cruise in 2019

Wonderful 1st Cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by mary483

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

We ate at the steakhouse which was amazing. I would do that again

We did not use the spa and did not go to the art shows.

mary483’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 7438
Plenty of room, comfortable beds, lots of room in bathroom for toiletries.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins