3. Viking Gefjon
Picked this particular cruise because Viking was well rated, the cruise visited several countries and I thought traveling the rivers/canals would be more interesting than touring by bus. Our flight was cancelled, but Viking was great at getting someone to meet us the nest day and take us to the ship. Ship was beautiful with a peaceful vibe. The cabin was easy to live in and housekeeping was excellent. Food was great with a lot of choices. As a picky eater I was fearful but should not have been. The only risk was eating too much. The port excursions were well organized and the tour guides were excellent. I really enjoyed the mix of type of excursions--small towns, larger cities, castles and churches. There was also enough free time to do some exploring on our own. There was live music in the lounge every night and the on-board talks and demos were very interesting, especially the one by the captain about his ship. Service was excellent and everyone was fluent in English. The staff truly tried to get to know us and adapted their style formal/informal to make us the most comfortable. The beauty of the rivers and canals was truly unforgettable. I'd take the trip again, but only after trying some other Viking river cruises.

First Cruise

ginnya73’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gefjon price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E
Cabin space was very livable. Ample storage. No veranda, but the public rooms were so beautiful that I didn't miss anything.
Main Deck Outside Cabins