• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Miracle Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

It looked like the Decor of the ship hadn't been updated since the 80's.

Review for Carnival Miracle to the Panama Canal & Central America
liz from Hawaii
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin:

Embarkation was a breeze, however our ship left the port 4 hours late! We weren't really told why except we could see that all the food was still being loaded, hours after our scheduled departure time. Disembarkation was awful, we stood in line for an hour. Twice our Seas ended up being quite rough, One night we endured 106 mph winds and 20 foot seas. Captain Luca and his Crew on the Bridge was terrific and kept us calm and safe, Bravo! 14 days is a long time at Sea, The fun Squad led by Adam the Cruise Director made the trip delightful. Edward as Grandma Bingo was Hilarious ! Good Job HR for finding appropriate Staff. I'm a 50 something, the fun squad were 20 & 30 somethings and the Average Cruiser was 70 something I'd say. I loved our "showtime" in the dining room, I got up and danced with the staff. A real Stand out for us in the dining room was Raul an excellent Waiter that took care of our every need. He will be retiring from Carnival in a few weeks because he has two small children, I'm sure he will be missed. Our Cabin was kept clean by "G" who tended our every need. The Captain's Table was an amazing Experience, starting out in the kitchen then to our large dining table. So many courses, two I missed at the end as the seas got rough and a few of us got sick and had to leave. It was in a Strange location, we dined in the night club " Frankensteins Lab" which got quite rocky as the seas came up. The food overall was good,

Salad, Soups, Pasta and Desserts being the standouts. I wish we had dined at Nick and Nora's one night. Everyone guest we talked to said it was Amazing. The tours at the different ports were at hit or miss, the front desk has very little information. We weren't told what the weather be or the temperature at each port?! We booked a Trip to Antigua in Guatemala leaving the ship in shorts, arriving to our destination and it was 60 degrees!

the Casino slots were so much fun being loose enough to get some play time, we saw 3 people win thousands! The best bar on the ship was the Alchemy Bar. The two Bartenders who ran the Bar were Sensational! Names? How can I forget? well the drinks were that good, I loved the Sidecar. The Spa was lovely and I got a great massage, I heard the ship will get another facelift and a pedi-spa... the ship really needs to look more modern and not like its in a time warp! the gym was cozy and never got over crowded.

Cabin balcony

needed a re-do, sad decor, no grab bars in the shower, towels looked like very old!

8 Helpful Votes