Carnival Valor Cruise Review

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by nessachelle

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Embarkation was very smooth. Had an 11:30 arrival time and was on the ship by 11:47. The Ship was clean and even with a sold out cruise it never really felt crowded. Lines for food an entertainment were short and moved quickly. The food in the lido restaurant, the Blue Iguana and Guys Burgers were all excellent. The Chef's table was perfection on a plate. Main dinning room food left a bit to be desired, it was good just not great.

Our room was an interior room on deck 7, it was clean and had everything we needed. The room did get a little warm but a fan took care of that. Our room steward was absolutely amazing. He kept the room spotless, knew our names by day one and always greeted us with a smile and a nice word no matter what time of day or night. I swear the man never slept or took a break. The entertainment was good with lots to do for everyone. The comedian was very funny and had me rolling during the one comedy show we made it to. The love and marriage show was gut busting, I swear I will always remember Tarzan and Jane. Our cruise director Frankie (Frank the Tank) was amazing, I don't have enough good things to say about him. He was always "on" and I can't imagine the amount on energy it takes to do his job.

We had a few favorite bartenders while on the Valor with the top being Jevon at the Alchemy bar. He was a blast and so adorable.

The only excursion we took with Carnival was Uxmal ruins with a visit to Hacienda Ochill. The excursion ran smoothly and was very interesting. I did feel a little rushed through the ruins so I do wish it was a bit longer of an excursion.

nessachelle's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4F 7304

Cabin was clean and neat but did get a bit warm. We asked our steward for a fan and received one within 10 minutes. That really took care of the heat in the room and helped drown out any noise from the hallway.

Galveston

I love Galveston, we visit several times a year.

Cozumel

We used Cozumel H2O for a discovery scuba dive in Cozumel. They were absolutely amazing. For the 2 of us we had a lead diver and 2 assistant divers. It was a completely private dive for just us so we received any and all attention to feel comfortable in the water and so we wouldn't miss a thing. If I had 10 stars to give them I would

Hacienda Visit

The Hacienda visit was beautiful and the food was excellent.

View All 7 Hacienda Visit Reviews
Uxmal

amazing ruins with a great history lesson of the city of Merida as well as the ruins. Loved that we could climb the ruins and get up close. Only wish I could have spent more time there.

nessachelle