3. Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity, in my opinion, set the bar quite high. This was our first cruise and it was the most wonderful experience. We boarded the Celebrity Solstice, which had it's first birthday while we were on it, in Civitavechia, Rome. We booked our stateroom in Aqua class, which allowed early boarding and a separate dining among other things. The boarding process went quite smoothly however it took a little long to receive our luggage in our stateroom. The room was delightful with a balcony; and our room attendant could not have been more attentive. Every day we had fresh flowers & ice tea. The food in aqua class was wonderful. You eat in a separate dining room that accommodates 120 guests and the food is prepared without a lot of fats & oils. The wait staff was very professional and knowledgable always making sure that you enjoy your experience. There are four additional restaurants on the ship. We ate in one and the food was wonderful. The ship had a nice variety of art on display and the public areas were all decorated nicely. Our cruise went to Messina, Athens, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Saintorini, Naples and back to Rome. We took two excursions offered by the ship. The guides were extremely knowledgeable which allowed us to really comprehend what we were seeing. We enjoyed the experience so much that we booked another cruise for October to go to Egypt & Israel on the sister ship to the Solstice All of my fears of cruising were totally unfounded and I am ashamed of myself for not trying one sooner. The good news is that now we will go on many more and experience what the world has to offer. Shoebiz

Our First Cruise....... Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by shoebiz

Celebrity, in my opinion, set the bar quite high.
Shoebiz
shoebiz’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Our cabin was a great location near the elevators. It was quiet, had an nice balcony. the room amenities were what you would expect. I don't know if the closet was small or we brought too much with us. Probably the latter.

I booked the same room for our next trip.
  Celebrity Solstice Deck Plans

• Athens (Piraeus)
    We wanted to go directly to the Jewish museum in Athens and our taxi driver unfortunately dropped us off at the wrong museum. We had to work to figure out the public transportation system but we did, and got to the museum. The Acropolis is amazing and the view of Athens was incredible. The Plaka was interesting to wonder. We did find a little shop with beautiful hand made table cloths. We bought one and will always think of Athens when we use it.
    View All 1,269 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
  • Mykonos
    Mykonos was every picture post card you ever imagined. The white washed buildings with the colorful doors and shuttered windows. The water is crystal clear and a wonderful blue in color. The tiny streets of shops are fun to meander. We walked to the windmills to take pictures. My wife spent most of the day shopping for a necklace which we eventually found.
    I don't like the fact that there are no posted prices and you negotiate with the owner. The necklace is 18ct gold with a 24ct gold coin in the center. The setting and necklace were all hand made. It is quite unique but like I said, I don't know if I paid too much
    View All 1,083 Mykonos Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mykonos Cruise Port Review
  • Santorini
    I think that Santorini might be my favorite island. The harbor is a very large volcano caldera. It really is quite spectacular. Santorini itself is on top of a hill and there are three ways to get there. Walk up, take the cable car up or ride a donkey. We rode the donkeys and it was a lot of fun and added to the experience. The view from the city is spectacular and the city itself is delightful to wonder. There are many cafes to stop at and the people are very friendly. We were looking for a piece of art glass from Santorini we did buy a piece but there were not many galleries to choose from.
    View All 1,019 Santorini Cruise Port Reviews