• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children

This is my honest review of our last cruise with Carnival aboard the Vista. We sailed on 01/21/18 to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I will give you “my opinion” of the ship and the islands. I hope this will help some down the road. This is a bit long but bear with me.

As for the Vista, it is by for my favorite ship yet. I have cruised with Carnival multiple times, and have cruised with another cruise line, and always come back to Carnival. The ship is huge so good luck on seeing the entire ship on a short cruise. When you first board head to the aft side of the lido deck. Everyone heads to the main pool and it fills up fast. Grab a drink at the Red Frog Rum bar and go to the aft of the ship. Back there you will find an amazing 24 hr. pizza joint, a pool and two hot tubs. No one knows its back there for about the 1st day so it will not be busy yet. Once the ship is about to set sail head to the main pool on Lido deck for the sail off party. It is a great time. You will love the cruise director, Matt Michum. Yes, all other ships have great cruise directors but what set Matt apart is the he is memorable. He is very personable and makes it a point to interact with as many guests as possible. By far he is the BEST cruise director I have had yet. We did not use the spa but did use the gym. The gym is amazing and the view can not be beat. The slides, ropes course and skyride are a must. Hit these early to beat the lines. The IMAX is great. Cost extra but well worth it. We took drinks in with use no problem. You could fall asleep in the chairs. We did not do the drink package because I could never get 15 drinks in me on shore days, but I'm not a fish! LOL We loved the coffee bar, by Pixels. We were there so often that we achieved several free cups!

We chose to have our room cleaned once in the evening. They will do it morning, night or both. Your choice. We are not in the room during the day so why bother. Just my opinion but those people work their butts off. Why have them do more work for no reason. That's just me though. The games on Deck 11 were a ton of fun late at night. My kids are 14 and never once hit the arcade with everything else there was on the ship to do.

Balcony