3. Coral Princess
Chose this cruise because we wanted to do a full Panama Canal transit, and chose Coral rather than Island Princess because it had had a more recent refit.However, the ship is still tired looking. The furniture in the cabins is shabby, the hairdryers are from the dark ages, the showers are the smallest I’ve ever encountered. However we still had a great time. Most of the staff are great, yes you get a hard sell if you have a spa treatment, but on the whole the staff try really hard. The food was mixed, the buffet was sometimes great, other times really odd combinations of food. Did anytime dining and most days I rang early to reserve a table, without a reservation we found we had to wait, maybe up to half an hour. Met some lovely people, enjoyed the ports, especially Huatulco. The expert who talked us through the transit was extremely knowledgeable and my husband found the whole transit fascinating- be warned, you have to be out on deck by 6am! Drinks fairly priced. We did the ultimate balcony dinner which was fantastic for £80 extra, had 2 dedicated waiters, cocktails, canapé, champagne plus 4 course dinner and then birthday cake for my husband, all whilst evening in port in Aruba.

Great cruise, tired ship

Coral Princess Cruise Review by The Cats Mother

However we still had a great time.

Met some lovely people, enjoyed the ports, especially Huatulco.

Drinks fairly priced.

The Cats Mother’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE B232
Plenty of storage, tiny bathroom, shabby furniture, useless hairdryer
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins