• Newsletter
  • Cruise Tips

Riviera Review

Editor Rating
49 Awards

Most beautiful ship afloat! But behind the times in the cabin entertainment area

Review for Riviera to Around the World
lilack
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View

This was our first cruise on Riviera, our second on Oceania. Our previous Oceania was the Nautica, and our cabin had been a disappointment. Our apprehensions were dismissed the moment we entered our cabin on Riviera. It was a very good size, and most importantly, the bathroom was much much better than the airplane-size bathroom on Nautica. No 'Psycho' shower but a full bathtub and separate shower. Yay!

The ship is beautiful, I spent some time going through the ship to view all the beautiful artwork. Most amazing is how quiet the ship is; our cabin was on deck 8 midship and we never heard a sound ; we had to look out to check if we had docked or sailed away.

The only reason I didn't give full marks is the entertainment and sound system in the cabins. I had the same complaint on Nautica and I was given the same lame excuse that Oceania buys its entertainment system from a provider and this is what they provide (!).

Deluxe Ocean View

Cabin C

See my review above: cabin look and comfort A-1, entertainment and sound systems dismal.

4 Helpful Votes