3. Carnival Elation
We chose this cruise because there were multiple cabins being booked and the price was great. We selected this specific cruise because of the stop in Half Moon Cay instead of Freeport. We were taking our parents ashes to be spread at sea and the crew did a wonderful job at working all of that out for us. There were 8 of us cruising. My husband and me, my sister and B-I-L, Daughter and S-I-L plus 2 grandchildren (ages 7 and 3). This was the 14th cruise for hubby and me, second cruise for daughter and S-I-L and first cruise for everyone else. We visited the Jacksonville Zoo the day before our departure. It was a nice stop and I would highly recommend it. We found BOGO coupons on Allstate Drivewise app, which made this a great deal. The upgrades to the ship are fantastic! I am not a buffet lover, but the food in the main dining room was always good as were the burgers at Guy's and the food at Blue Iguana. We had FTTF, so embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. It was our first cruise out of Jacksonville and we thought it was easy to get to and embarkation was simple. The children loved Waterworks as well as the Seuss breakfast and Build-a-Bear Workshop. They chose not to go to the kids club, but they did great. They played mini-golf and the 7 year-old also attempted to play ping pong, but it was too windy. They enjoyed spending a little time in the arcade. Our room steward - Izzy was absolutely fantastic! We had your time dining and never had to wait long for a table. The dining room staff was good, but did seem a bit rushed, especially if you didn't get there right when the dining room opened. We don't drink, so there's no opinion on the bar staff. In room E153 we did hear noise from the galley above us, like most of the night! I will be more careful in the future when booking to be sure we don't end up right under the galley in the future. It was a great cruise and enjoyed by all!!

Great trip for the price!

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by jc4me

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

It was a great cruise and enjoyed by all!!
jc4me’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E E153
Love the cabins after the last dry dock. The decor is much better and the addition of the mini fridge was quite welcome. The room seems much larger since they got rid of the box in the corner. There was plenty of room for everything we brought (which included all of the conveniences of home). We had 2 grandchildren that cruised with us, but they did not go to the children's activities aside from the Seuss breakfast (which was great!) and the Build-a-Bear workshop (which was another hit).
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Half Moon Cay
    As always, the island was beautiful. The lunch was OK. I wish the they would move the beverage station to closer the food. It is a pain to have to get food and water from different places. We took our snorkel gear and swam and snorkeled, but the water was a bit chilly to begin with.
    View All 1,211 Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Dolphin Encounter
    The Dolphin Encounter was so enjoyable! My daughter and I did this and thoroughly enjoyed it. The water was chilly and it was a rainy day, so the others that bought the beach day did not enjoy it as much. If the weather had been better it would have been a great day with the inflatables and beautiful weather.
    View All 136 Dolphin Encounter Reviews