3. Ruby Princess
After being on 5 different cruises, we decided to give Princess a try. Let me say that this cruise will NOT disappoint. Hotel & Pre-cruise: We had reserved the Comfort inn & suites right at Port everglades cruise terminal. My advice to all of those who are thinking of booking this hotel is DON'T! we arrived the hotel at 2:00pm, and waited 25 minutes to be checked in. Once we opened the door of our hotel room, the smell of mold, combined with the pubic hair found on the towels, bed and toilet seats were enough to check out 10 minutes after being in the room. I hate to complain, but this was our vacation and I refused to pay almost $100 for a smelly room and dirty bathroom. Thankfully, we had family south of Miami area, so we stayed until our cruise. Embarkation: After our hotel 'incident' we had no choice but to park at Port everglades and pay $15 daily charge. For those wondering the same I did, yes, you can use your credit card to pay for parking. We gave our luggage to the porter and proceeded to the terminal. It was exactly 11:10am. Once our carry-on was scanned, we were given numbers and we were asked to wait until our number was called. They began calling numbers exactly at noon, so even if you get there early, you will have to wait to board the ship. Boarding only took 10 minutes exactly. It was the fastest embarkation ever. Our cabins were ready by noon, which surprised me. There was a young lady greeting people and plenty of attendants helping you with your questions, directions ,etc. There was also someone pressing the elevator button for people and answering any questions of cabin location. I immediately felt Princess service was impeccable. Anywhere we went, there was always someone asking us if we needed directions or any help. Cabin: Interior C512. Great location and cabin space! Bigger than any interior cabin I've had on Carnival and Royal Caribbean past cruises. The open closet makes the cabin look even bigger. There were lotion, shampoo and conditioner bottles in the bathroom. The bed was a little hard compared to Royal Caribbean/Carnival mattresses, but the pillows felt amazing! I was amazed about the TV movie selection. We watched movies that my sister just watched fresh out of the cinema. Of course, I couldn't say enough about our room attendant who came to our cabin to show us where to find room service menu, his beeper number, our how to read our Princess patter. Pool area: The lotus spa pool was amazing! It felt quiet, relaxing and couldn't be any happier regarding the reinforcement of "Adults only area". There was a lady with three children who was descending the stairs of the Lotus pool when a princess worker immediately asked told her no children were allowed. After my last cruise on Carnival, where there were 8 children inside the Jacuzzi and no authority to correct it, once more, I felt Princess service was extraordinary. I had no problem finding available chairs at any time. All the pools are fresh water, and the temperature was good enough to refresh you after laying in the sun for a while. Food was good. It was better than Royal Caribbean (personal taste) and there were always tables available anywhere. Perhaps it was the design of the ship that never made us feel crowded, but I felt the ship was well-divided. For first times (Like me), the international cafe (middle of the Piazza) offers free desserts and sandwiches. Their sweets are amazing, for those who love Tiramisu, they had them 3 consecutive days, and man they were good! Princess cays: Beautiful island. For those who have visited Cococay, it feels/looks similar. We tried walking towards the Right (facing the island) to find the 'famous mysterious' graves, but after walking about a mile, we returned with no luck. Maybe next time.... Having only a 3 night cruise, we felt we didn't enjoy everything on the Ruby. It is a wonderful vessel, that offers great entertainment to any age. I believe it was made for a 7 night cruise or perhaps longer. It is a beautiful ship, from the interior to its exterior designs; yes, it does feel romantic. I have to give my two thumbs up to the Movie under the stars, where they cover the seats with dark-red covers, offer you warm blankets, popcorn and cookies. Princess is now one of favorite cruise-lines. It really opened my eyes to new options and enjoy a more relaxing way of cruising. If I could really choose one thing that will distinguish Princess from any other cruise-line, it will be: their amazing service and food! I have never gone anywhere (hotel/vacation/cruise) that had a better service.

From a Princess first timer point of view

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Yurita

Yurita’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Cabin C512
Cabin C512: Conveniently located between decks, no noise. Middle ship cabin, totally would book it again if sailing this ship.
  Ruby Princess Deck Plans