3. Viking Sky
We picked this cruise because it offered stops at many interesting places that are otherwise not easy to get to. We chose Viking because of the excellent experience we had on previous river cruises with the company. The ship is beautiful. Very clean and well laid out, and tastefully appointed. A variety of public rooms and places to eat from quiet to very sociable. Service is friendly and professional. Good variety and quality of food. Our stateroom was large, bright, and well thought out with a small balcony (as all of the rooms on this ship). We did miss two ports of call (to be expected - this was the North Atlantic in September, after all). But we were never at a loss for things to do. Most of our ports of call were quite small and quiet, but very interesting. Tours sponsored by Viking were worthwhile and well run. I would recommend spending extra time at the beginning (Bergen) as the town is beautiful and the surrounding fjordland countryside is spectacular. The trip ended in Montreal, where you should also spend some time, as it is a wonderful city. My best memories - hard to decide. Touring the fjords from Bergen, the wild landscape of the Faroes, little places in Reykjavik my son pointed us to, cruising wild fjords in Greenland, L'anse aux Meadows (mmm squashberries), some of the custom meals in the Chef's Table, and just enjoying all the moods of the North Atlantic from the deck or the Explorers Lounge. I would recommend this cruise for couples, who are interested in a little adventure as opposed to just entertainment. I say a little adventure, as stays are only for a day and you don't get a chance to really explore, but you can always pick your favorite port and come back----

North Atlantic Crossing

Viking Sky Cruise Review by geolgy

geolgy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

Large, bright, well laid out cabin with patio doors that open to a veranda big enough for a table and two chairs. Tastefully decorated, enjoyed spending time there.