Norwegian Sun Cruise Review
2,215 Reviews

Going around the Horn and it was far more exciting than I imagined.

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by JOHNNIEVEGAS

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I have wanted to go around the Horn since I read maritime experiences when I was a youngster. The experience was special and was enhanced by the travel environment provided by Norwegian Cruise Lines on the Norwegian Sun. The ship provided all that I hoped for and I have cruised many times before. I have been spoiled by balcony cabins in the past and the Sun fulfilled my needs. I chose the Ultimate Beveridge Package and my travel mate and I took full advantage of that package. I highly recommend it. I used the buffet on a regular basis but the special dining venues offered special meal entres that were exceptional culinary experiences. There were more on board activities than I could take advantage of but I tried my hardest and enjoyed my selections. The staff was excellent and made me feel like I was a special guest. I thought the cost of the shore excursions were high until I experienced them and found that they were full of features that could not be fully explained on the internet. The excursions had great guides; most if not all of the excursions included full sit down meals including drinks and entertainment; most transportation cosisted of comfortable air conditioned buses. I would highly recommend this cruise. I was disappointed that Rio Di Janeiro was not a port of call. I hope it is included in the future.

JOHNNIEVEGAS's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BC 10248

A size that I expected. I would prefer a larger cabin especially the bathroom but for the cost I take a smaller size with the balcony.

JOHNNIEVEGAS