3. Crown Princess
Choose this ship because it was ADA compliant and had no tender ports. In reality the ship has limited wheelchair access. The cabin was good. It was difficult getting around the ship because there were limited automatic doors for wheelchair access to promenade deck and pool area. No wheelchair accessible doors to sports deck, and Sanctuary is only accessible by lift which we are told is often out of service (when I was ready to go down from the Sanctuary the lift was not working so I had to wait 2 hours for repairs (and there is no washroom on that level - not good). 6th deck has different levels so one needs to find the ramp to get from dining room through the casino to the theatre. The 6th deck theatre has very limited wheelchair seating and the 7th level requires a steep ramp. Explorer lounge where much of the trivia games and other entertainment takes place also requires a steep ramp so I could not participate. The most disappointing was that only passengers who could walk could disembark in Bonaire. Because I use a manual wheelchair I was not allowed to disembark because they claimed that the safety officer said the ramp was too steep. The staff was rather rude about it and didn't care that we specifically choose docked ports so I could disembark. We have sailed other cruise lines which were more suited for wheelchair users.

Disappointment for wheelchair accessibility

Crown Princess Cruise Review by beaver01

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)
beaver01’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OZ 303
Partially obstructed view. Nice size. Mattresses are bowed and where put together for queen bed have a high ridge where join. Very uncomfortable. Carpet in room is stained.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins