3. Norwegian Gem
The price was good and needed to get away from the Cold weather in Chicago. The weather out of New York was rainy and cold but once we were on day 3 and for for most of the rest of the cruise the weather was sunny and warm. Paul Newman of the cruise director's staff was very enjoyable. He led the progressive trivia. This was the highlight of the day. The food in the main dining room and in the specialty dining rooms were not as good as in the past. It look like NCL is trying to cut costs. The people on the cruise were slobs, They leave their garbage on the floor, they do not respect others on the boat. Our shore excursion on a cattermerrand was very pleasant. The only complaint is that NCL offers it on their web site as a 5 hour tour, on the boat they offer it as a 4 hour tour and it actually is a 3.5 hour tour. The shore excursion desk stated that the correct information is at their desk and not the information on the web site.

10 days in the Caribbean

Penguin Spotter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Inside
Cabin IC
We had to change cabins several times. The first cabin the sheet metal was banging all the time. This is not stop while we were in the cabin. I understand they corrected it after we were transferred to a new cabin. The second cabin had a grinding noise like a belt or a bearing worn out. Then finally the third cabin was alright. The toilet room in the fhird cabin, the doorway was so small that I had to enter sideways and then I sat down my knees were in the wall. The showers were good with plenty of room.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Catamaran to Pigeon Island
    NCL offers this as a 5 hour excursion on their WEB site but it is only 3.5 hours. There was plenty of room on board. For me the entry and exit from the catamaran was easy but some people had problems getting on and off. I only wished that the local gift sellers would just let me swim in the ocean.
    View All 4 Catamaran to Pigeon Island Reviews