3. Carnival Inspiration
It was my first ocean cruise and I wanted to take a short weekend cruise to try it out and see if I liked it. I traveled with a friend. We gad originally booked a mini-suite on the Verandah deck but were offered a chance to book what was called one of the "Owner's Cabins". For what we thought was a reasonable cost, we decided to take the opportunity to upgrade, just to see what it was like. The room was on Deck 12 - Spa Deck and we had to be walked to our room because we would never have found it otherwise. The room was very large (900 sq. ft.) and included a large bedroom with a king size bed, a "living room" with a small table and chairs, a sitting area with three comfy chairs and a couch, and a small bar area with seating for four and a small fridge. The room made the trip feel very special. We only had one port day in Ensenada and had a fun time walking around the town. We didn't take any excursions - just took the bus to town (easily walkable) and walked down the main street to Papas and Beer, enjoyed Guacamole and Chips with Beer there, and walked back. We brought lots of small bills of American currency and that worked everywhere we went. The people are friendly but you have to be stern with some who try to hard to sell you things - mostly, we just ignored them and they would finally go away. Getting off and on the ship was a very easy process - although they almost force you to take many different pictures when you get off and that was a little annoying. The rest of the cruise was spent on board and we tried to explore and try out everything. Guy's Burgers were great, the restaurant was good, the Lido deck on the sea day was lots of fun and not too crowded, the entertainment on board was mostly very good, and the show in the Paris Lounge "Motor City" was much better than expected. We tried the Casino but the fact that smoking is allowed made that some place I didn't want to stay at long. We went to the Punchliner's lounge to catch two different comedian shows - one was very funny but the other one was not. You need to sit there long enough to see if the comedian is your style or not. Alcohol - there is a lot of drinking on board but I never saw anyone that made me feel uncomfortable. We tried out many of the bars on board and found the drinks to be expensive but not watered down. Service on board was generally very good - friendly and fast. Overall, this was a very fun, if short, trip. I would definitely cruise with Carnival again but I think only on a longer trip with a slightly newer, more modern ship. My favorite things were Guy's Burgers, the Motor City show, and the fancy room we ended up with. My least favorite thing was the hot tubs in the Serenity area - they weren't working properly and the water was only lukewarm. Since the weather was chilly that day, getting out of the hot tub was miserable so once in, we stayed in. For a three day trip, having things not working was a disappointment.

Treated like a Queen

egw1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Grand Suite
Cabin GS PH2
We were upgraded to one of two Penthouse suites at the last minute. It was very large and very comfortable. The furniture was a little dated but very comfortable.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins