3. Royal Princess
My wife and I have cruised Princess many times with varying experiences. This particular cruise we were celebrating our 15th anniversary. It was a 10 day Eastern cruise and we went with another couple (two different cabins). Embarkation was a breeze. From drop off to our first on-board cocktail it was less than 40 minutes. All of the staff during the process were helpful and courteous. As you board Royal in the beautiful piazza, her elegance becomes apparent very quickly. With most passengers running in circles trying to get somewhere quickly, we decided to take in the moment and enjoyed a nice cocktail to celebrate our vacation away from the sub-zero weather we had left behind. Our cabin was ready by the time we boarded (approximately 2:00). We had a Club Class Mini Suite on the corner of the bow. The cabin was very nice, and the wraparound balcony the largest we have had, including owner's suites (Princess) and Aqua Theater suites (RCI). Note, however, that the balcony is EXTREMELY windy while at sea. I still used it often, but my wife found it way to windy for her and only used it while we were docked or when coming in or out of a port. This cabin has two rooms and a bath...very nice. The food on Royal, like other Princess ships, was very good. We went to Sabatinni's and Crown Grill (our favorite of all 20 cruises) and also enjoyed the main dining. One downfall was that for Anytime Diners they continued to try to seat us in large groups, while the four of us traveling together wished to dine separately. The public rooms are elegant and well kept. We only saw 2 of the three shows and both were top notch. With all these great things, there still was one thing better...the service. I found Royal staff to be the most accommodating of any ship we had been on...GREAT JOB! As an example, room service in the morning within 5-10 minutes! In closing, while we thought Regal was slightly a better ship, mostly due to the fact that it has the Aft pool, Royal staff made this our favorite Princess ship so far.

Royal Princess is one beautiful ship!

Royal Princess Cruise Review by tnilinger