Crystal Serenity Cruise Review

Bourbon Street to the Western Caribbean!

Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by SailingAwayinDecember

• Sail Date: Dec 2016
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite with Verandah

Lots of puzzle pieces to put this voyage in motion! The adventure all began because my brother-in-law wanted to embark from New Orleans, add that to the fact my husband and I wanted to sail over our anniversary (December 17) and on Crystal! Not to mention friends who wanted to join in on the fun, could not sail over Christmas. What was the likelihood?!?! A year and a half later, all I can say our time together on and off the Crystal Serenity during those two weeks was the best of best times!

From one who is totally into Christmas and has sailed on various cruise lines enjoying many holiday cruises, this ship was decked out in absolutely the most gorgeous decor that I had ever seen while on the seas. We were even able to have our butler set up an artificial Christmas Tree in our suite. Trimmed by the staff, it was beautifully decorated, lights and all! Throughout the various ports, my husband and I would purchase a hand made Christmas ornament relective of the islands we explored.

Talk about being spoiled...the food, the entertainment, the daytime enrichment classes, ... everything excelled. We loved reviewing our French from a Berlitz instructor who gave both morning and afternoon classes. The practice was fun and we were able to speak French on two Caribbean islands. Learning how to create I Movies was also a plus as both my husband and I have continued making short videos. Having taught school for thirty years, all instructors deserved an A+.

That is what Crystal is all about. The finest in everything.

SailingAwayinDecember's Full Rating Summary

Penthouse Suite with Verandah
Cabin PS 11032

The Penthouse Suite is everything a passenger would expect sailing on the Crystal Line. Our butler was extremely attentive, staff beyond excellent. Our expectations were met and then some!

SailingAwayinDecember