Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review
1,650 Reviews

Summary

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by AMHS1969

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Aqua Class

I chose this cruise for the Cruise Line, itinerary, perks, price. I loved that there was a naturalist on board that informed us daily at his seminars, but Celebrity should also narrate via TV and speaker system, as they do in Alaska, so that we can take advantage of our balcony. The Theater entertainment on board was outstanding, with each night even better than the last. The violinist was my favorite, but each entertainer was extremely talented.

As usual, Blu did not disappoint with breakfast and dinners. The entire wait staff in Blu were the best we have ever experienced, and I have been on about 48 cruises (I've lost count). All the bars were fun, especially the Martini Bar and anywhere that Willy from Philli (William from the Philippines) was working, usually in the Casino and buffet deck bar. I have a problem with the prices on excursions, as they have really increased in price over the past couple of years, so, therefore we book our own off the ship. We usually had a minibus that held about 18 passengers, and the guides were excellent. The cost was $20 - $75/person, a far cry from cruise rates, and did the same exact tours. However, since the ship was leaving Punta Arenas early (3:00pm), due to one engine down, we missed out penguin tour that I scheduled off the ship. Not too happy about that one.

AMHS1969's Full Rating Summary

Aqua Class
Cabin A1 1105

The cabin was smaller than the Solstice Class ships, which are my favorite, but the balcony was larger. Not as much storage space as Solstice class, and the balconies don't open to your neighbor, which is very important to my groups. We also had to go through the buffet to get to our cabin, or get to it from the outside, which is a problem in inclement weather. the best part about our cabin was our room attendant. Singh was awesome!

City Tour

Same tour as above. This was a very charming city.

Natural Park Puyehue

Same tour as above.

View All 3 Natural Park Puyehue Reviews
Osorno Volcano

We loved the small group, and Denis was an excellent guide, and he took us to all the places that we wanted to see. Lots of photo ops.

View All 20 Osorno Volcano Reviews
Petrohue Falls

Same tour as above, and the falls were breathtaking.

View All 36 Petrohue Falls Reviews
Puerto Varas

Same tour as above.

View All 21 Puerto Varas Reviews

We were up close and personal with the animals. The ride was smooth on the way out, and very rough on the return.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
City Tour

We visited several areas of town with photo ops, but our guide spoke horrible English. We paid $35/person - 6 pax.

View All 22 City Tour Reviews
Punta del Este

This was one of my favorite stops and such a beautiful place. We booked a city-tour right off the ship for $30, and we literally saw it all. This is the way to go, but you can book on the ship for $79.

Montevideo

Not too impressed with this city, but you can get a tour off the ship for $20. We were just toured out.

We loved this tour, as it stopped everywhere we wanted to see. We were told that no tour operators would be selling off the pier, but they where everywhere, for half the ship price.

View All undefined undefined Reviews