3. Viking Sky
We choose this particular cruise, since we had traveled on the Viking Sky in February when it made its maiden voyage on the Mediterranean cruise. I had always wanted to visit the Caribbean and since we had such a great experience with Viking Cruise Lines we decided to take another cruise with them. I was surprised to see that Viking was sailing the Caribbean, since I thought Viking only cruised in Europe. The cruise itself was great. You cannot ask for as better cruise line. I have taken a Viking cruise twice and there are no children, casino's or someone constantly taking your picture and trying to sell you something. It is a peaceful, tranquil, relaxing type of cruise. Viking has the highest standards with the services they offer and the staff is as friendly and very helpful as needed. There are a variety of amenities which are offered at no additional cost. There is a shore excursion at each port included with the price of cruise. There are other excursions which are offered at a price, but we chose to choose the ones included with the cruise. When we took the Mediterranean cruise we enjoyed all of the shore excursions except for the one in Tansania. This time with the Caribbean cruise, we choose the excursions which were included with the cruise. That was a mistake. Those excursions were beneath the standard which Viking has set for itself. I know with this being a ship out of its normal realm, they were relying on the local tourist companies to advise them as to what would be the best, but we basically saw nothing but poverty, poverty, poverty. The tour guides talked about the beautiful places but we never saw anything but run down shacks, dirt roads, and not once did I see anything that would make me want to come back and visit those places again. When we were in Merida, Mexico, we had to drive an hour to get to Merida and then the locals wanted to overcharge us for everything. We got caught in afternoon traffic going back to the ship then the bus's cooling system went out and we had to stop and exchange buses along the way. The tour guide made mention about how you could buy a two story modern home on the water for forty five thousand. I told my husband, if this is all there is to Merida, why would I want to buy a home here,. I would have to stay in my home to enjoy anything nice. So in summary, pay a little extra and take an excursion that will give you memories which you would like to share. For us, there is nothing about the Caribbean which makes me want to visit it again. Been there, done that.

Turquoise Caribbean Cruise

Viking Sky Cruise Review by martincd582

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

There is a shore excursion at each port included with the price of cruise.

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Dear martincd582, It is with deep regret that we learn of the disappointments that you experienced with your recent Caribbean cruise. We appreciate you sharing your feedback about your itinerary and are grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. As you noticed, Caribbean ports, including their excursions and accessibility, differ from the European ports you have experienced with us before. However, we sincerely appreciate your flexibility and support while visiting these developing countries. Because we understand that your Viking experience fell below expectation this time around, we are interested in discussing your comments in detail. Your feedback as a member of the Viking family is important to us, and we encourage you to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com with your booking information. This way, we can arrange for a seasoned Customer Relations Agent to call you, explore your experience and discuss a resolution. We hope to hear from you, martincd582, and look forward to connecting soon. Warm regards, Viking Cruises
martincd582’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

We had an issue with the air conditioning. We finally figured out that when the sliding door to the balcony is open the a/c shuts off. There was a couple of nights that the ocean breezes were so great, we slept with the balcony door open and it was relaxing and we slept really good. As we got further south, it became hotter and that is when our issues with the a/c began.