• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2017
Cabin:

The ship is fantastic and the food was incredible. Our room was a delux veranda and other than the closet door being difficult to access it was certainly adequate. The bathroom was quite large with lots of storage. The balcony was comfortable with its chairs and table. I have had better room stewards on other ships but room service was outstanding. Service in the bars was very good but quite varied in different parts of the dining room. Sometimes it was quite slow or uneven. It was interesting how you were assigned different areas of the dining room so you experienced different views and wait staff. Food was exceptional. Best I have ever had on any cruise. Entertainment is geared to the intellectual and many of the lectures are at odd times..during normal meal times. Most people could be found reading, relaxing, or talking to fellow travelers. Trivia was well run and lots of fun. The indoor spa experience was really fun and something everyone should try but I don’t think was heavily used. My biggest disappointment was that two of our ports were cancelled..the Faroe Island and one in Greenland and were not given any kind of compensation. I know they said it was for safety reasons but I took pictures of sailboats passing us and they were having no trouble navigating the waters. We waited 465 days for this particular trip and to miss 2 of the ports was extremely disappointing.

I will go on another Viking cruise because of the ship and the food but will be more selective about the ports of call.

previous reviewnext review