Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by sonicdasloth

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

Going to preface this by saying this was my first cruise experience. Am a 40/m if that matters.

SHIP: Seemed nice to me, a little creaky especially on day 4 when the swells were 10 feet. Was told it was smallish for the RC fleet which is why it rocked so much. Many people were seasick that day. I was not, thankfully.

Cabin: had a balcony on 7th floor, loved the ocean sound at night. Bed was very comfy(king). Room was big enough, good size couch. TV selection was limited, which only mattered b/c we only had 2 days of port excursions and 7 days at sea.

Dining: the variety and quality at dinner was perfect, couldn't have been happier with the staff either. Windjammer was good, if a little bit packed at prime time. had to search to tables most meals up there. but quality was good.

Entertaimnet: Headliners were decent. I love Stand up comedy, and both acts were good, not great. Rookies was quality, as was Celine Dion tribute. Neither were really my thing, but I enjoyed them. Spa was very unorganized, maybe it was the change in schedule but a few events my wife went up to did not go off. They didn't seem to even know what was in the Daily Compass. Casino was good, slots were real loose. I don't normally play them, but entire family was up a few hundred on them. Lost it all on the craps table. They were cool at the table. The smaller min's made the math backwards for me on the odd's and the number bets. They were VERY patient with me and my wife and made sure we had the right amount down to get the best odds. They were understaffed in my opinion, especially on the cruise days as only half the table was open most of the time so we were crammed on one side.

Service: Front desk, wait staff, windjammer, pictures, cabin clean up crew were 10/10...absolutely outstanding.

Ports - Excursions: Only had 2 port stops. 1. Port Canaveral. There is nothing at all to do there at port, we went to Kennedy Space Center and the tour/tour guide was awesome. Got to see everything from Mercury up to the Shuttles. Hall of heros was humbling and tasteful. Disney/Universal to me was too far away with the time window given. 2. Naasau: Cool port, there is enough to roam around spending a day there. We spent 2, so went to the chocolate factory tour and made some chocolate. pretty cool. We did not go to Charleston, Coco Bay(Due to weather) or Grand Bahama island. disappointing for sure, but not much they could do about it.

sonicdasloth's Full Rating Summary

Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

Kennedy Space Center

loved it

View All 235 Kennedy Space Center Reviews
Charleston

skipped this one. old people on cruise weren't happy

Baltimore

departure/arrival. not sure this counts as a port of call

sonicdasloth