• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Cheesier
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 1A

A great cruise and ship, happy smiling crew, i booked a year ahead sadly due to the hurricane the points of call were changed , but I was disappointed the planned over night in Bahamas and extra days stay was changed, the island was not hit by the hurricane, Martinique was added a disappointment and a total waste of time in my opinion, the first week was good but I did feel the last few days we were trying to fill time and the cruise itinerary was disappointing to what I had originally booked. I was disappointed on Christmas day to be served a turkey type roll for my dinner but other times in the ocean view at lunchtimes there were roast dinner with fresh turkey and a number of roast meats at the same time, WHY could this turkey not have been used as a Christmas dinner on Christmas Day, very disappointing! The ocean view food was excellent, salmon or steaks cooked to order etc, the main restaurant was disappointing for that reason I only visited 4 times in the trip. Entertainment was ok but not the quality I felt of shows on RCI Oasis class. We were on the Eclipse Christmas 2015 and attend ipad and iphone lectures very informative, for 30 minute plus sessions FREE it was disappointing to be charged to attend similar classes on this trip, the day time activities did seem to be commercially generated sales in the shops, art etc Generally I did not feel the Christmas Day celebrations were disappointing, Father Christmas arrived that was it back to normal, as I said disappointing no special Turkey meal . I must make a special praise for your Hotel Director she was outstanding she was every where and immaculate every time, she could not have slept! It is clear she is a real asset to your brand! The entertainments officer worked hard so also credit there. Shore excursions were as normal expensive, we did not attend but I heard many negative comments on the beach trip in the Bahamas, over crowded etc , we went on the local bus to the other side to hometown beautiful beaches and the bus a $1 each way a bit of a reggae bus , blue is the best , yellow well good fun, a taxi if you do not fancy the local transport, Simon Cowel goes to that beach and top designer shops Gucci etc there, why not run a trip to this exclusive area? $2 each well spent.

Deluxe Veranda 1A

Cabin 1A

A bit tired but clean the cabin girl Rachael was excellent always around but not over bearing, she worked extremely hard. I would like to add chocolates on the pillar a nice touch but the first night I did not realise they were there ended up in the sheets, I apologised to Rachael but she said it happens a lot.

Port Reviews