3. Celebrity Infinity
This cruise had been a long-standing bucket-list item. We have always dreamed of visiting South America and had wanted to do this itinerary for some time. 2017 was the year and we chose the holiday sailing to coincide with allowable vacation time from our full time jobs. Positives: Itinerary - fantastic! all our dreams came true. South America is magnificent and we are so blessed and grateful for being able to see all the scheduled ports of call. I will cherish the memories made in each port. Cabin - it was good, we had AQ2 9038 which had an extra large balcony that we enjoyed. The room was OK - needed some updates/repairs (we had to prop up the TV so it wouldn’t wobble and fall over - first world issues). BLU Restaurant - after sailing our last 5 cruises in Suites, I was a bit apprehensive of AquaClass - but BLU more than made up for it. Maitre’D Tanya and her staff were incredible. Memorable Staff Members: from stateroom attendant, to BLU staff, to our amazing Sommelier, to Captain’s Club hostess, and GRM - we always felt “special” on board ... that was the “saving grace” of the cruise (see below) ... Cons: here it is ... my apologies - I am usually rah-rah cheerleader for Celebrity - but ... I have to be honest. This holiday cruise was a bust when it came to Celebrity - I don’t even know where to start ... uhmmm, maybe the 500 unruly kids on board that destroyed everything in sight. Ripping Christmas decorations off cabin doors, egging elevators, throwing pizza and ice cream on walls, teenagers having late night parties in the Solarium until 04:00 AM (which our cabin was beneath), body-checking guests as they raced down hallways. It was unreal and the depth of the problem can never be conveyed in words. Then, there was the smoking ... holy ***** - a total disregard for safety and rules. Staff members would *only* do something about it, IF you said something, otherwise, they would walk right by the offending smoker. Between unruly kids, RUDE parents, and renegade smokers on board - this cruise I would aptly label as “uncontrolled chaos”. My DH will never do another Holiday Sailing again - which is an utter shame. I’m sure not all holiday sailings are like this - but this one ruined it for us. For the *first* time ever, we also began googling other cruise lines and I thought I would *never* doubt my loyalty to Celebrity. If you are looking for a “Celebrity” cruise (behaviour, respect for other cruisers, enjoyment) - do not pick this one ... it was, as mentioned above, uncontrolled chaos.

Holiday Cruise - Uncontrolled Chaos

hvbaskey’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Aqua Class
Cabin A2 9038
Extra large (triangular) balcony - located beneath solarium. *Usually* known to be a quiet cabin, it was nothing but hell for us with teenagers partying until 04:00 AM. They even had the gall to set up their own ping-pong table one night - that was fun! not ....

I loved the cabin, the balcony, the location - but would never book it again, because of the uncontrolled chaos on this holiday sailing. It was likely a one-off, but DH said “never again”.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins