3. Carnival Vista
There were things we loved and things we didn't on Vista. I don't think one outweighed the other, so I will just give you my view of things. The pros. Lots of venues and different types of nightly entertainment to chose from. Lots of different types of trivia. The waterworks tube slide. I'm 64 and just loved it. Carnival desserts were delicious and of course we always enjoy the chocolate lava cake. The Cruise Director Matt and his staff specifically Kindle, Richy Rich and Jake (from State farm) were great. Maybe the best I've even had (over 40+ cruises). I will say this, Matt does not hold back, he is hilarious, but there is no politic correctness - so if you are a sensitive type, you may not care for him. So many, many bars and very attentive bartenders. Lots of folks drinking, yet rarely a line to get a drink. The only time I waited was in the back Serenity pool area (Deck 15) and found out the server had to go down to Deck 10 to get my drink. ugh. We loved having numerous comics to chose from in the comedy clubs. Great photo backgrounds every night. The cons. Although new this was without a doubt the most blah looking ship decor I've seen. There were no areas that wowed me. The entertainment venues, specifically the main stage area was far too small for the number of passengers, the piano bar drew a huge crowd every night to sing a long, but could not fit everyone, also didn't help they allowed children who came in droves with their parents, leaving paying passengers to either stand or give up and leave. The piano singer took requests to be written down and encouraged to send with drinks and/or money which many did, but hard to get to since the children ran up constantly with their papers of songs they wanted to hear. I don't think children should be allowed in bars or after 9pm, but thats just me. Obviously Carnival disagrees. Any event you want to go to and get a good seat, you would need to show up 30 to 45 minutes ahead of start time, especially the evening Comedy club. Considering school was in session , there were a lot of kids on board. The Cruise Director mentioned 1500 but I don't know if he was serious or not. The singers were replaced on Day 3 of our cruise. Luckily I saw the good singers for Flick. The new comers were just awful. It hurt my ears they were so bad. So I'm sorry for those on the cruise since we left yesterday. I think they needed spanish singers for Amor Cubana and then expected them to do a decent job with America Rocks (NOT). They really need to improve their trivia prizes. They've been giving out that plastic ship on a stick far too many years. I only ate once in the dining room, the process for my dining time was crazy. I've seen other complain about this in detail, so I won't repeat. Just know their process is awful and will want you to eat in the buffet every night instead. One night, we ate in the buffet, but later stopped in the restaurant for the chocolate lava cake which is never offers in the buffet. :)

Pros and Cons - Vista

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Trekker954

Trekker954’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 6402
I loved my location. it is a balcony aft. I ate mostly in the aft buffet and activities in Ocean aft on 5, so up and down the stairs which were very close. The down side is there is an awning on 5 that covers must of it as well as "the Patio" with chair, tables and umbrellas also on 5, So you will not have the expected balcony view of just water, you cannot look straight down to see water. You just see the patio tables/chair and an awning. You need to look out to see the sea.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins