3. Grandeur of the Seas
The ship is old and not in the very best state of repair. The activities seemed pretty limited. The gym was almost a joke. Departure of the cruise was delayed a couple hours to allow for more time to clean the ship since there had been an illness outbreak on the previous trip. I think they should have taken a lot longer to clean the ship since both myself and my girlfriend got quite sick on the ship. And I suspect quite a few other people became ill because toward the end of the trip I was seeing far fewer people around and was hearing quite a bit of coughing. Not a cruise for people who don't like boat movement. I enjoyed all of the rolling on waves, but it was pretty much all day, every day. I have been home a couple days and am still feeling heavy rolling feelings, which is not enjoyable like it is on the ship. The weather was pretty terrible the whole time. I know that isn't controllable, but the average temperatures in January and February from Baltimore to South Carolina makes a person wonder how advised it is to be running this route in these months. I blame myself for not having considered this to be as big of a deal as it turned out to be. They cancelled 3 of the 5 stops during my cruise, so I can't speak to the quality of Charleston, Grand Bahama, or Cococay. Baltimore is a crappy city, in my opinion, and I will be happy to never visit there again. Port Canaveral has no business being a stop for anything claiming to be entertainment. If you are super into NASA, sure, go visit, but I don't think this cruise stop gives enough time to someone who wants to specifically go see that. Otherwise Canaveral seems to be a unremarkable central Florida coastal town with little of interest to offer. Nassau Bahama was a pretty typical Caribbean island city from my experience. By which I mean it is a bit more crowded and expensive than I prefer, but the different buildings, culture, ecology, and attitude of the locals makes it a pleasant place to check out.

It went from acceptable to terrible.

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by eiuquag

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

eiuquag’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

A bit cramped, but I went for the cheapest I could this time, so I can't complain.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans