3. Viking Gefjon
A friend took the same river cruise earlier in 2017 and told us about his great experience so we decided to take the same cruise. We were glad we did. the ship, crew, dinning, entertainment, service and accommodations were super. Better than we could have imagined. Entertainment on board was great. The ports and excursions were spectacular. We added some additional excursions after our trip began. The only drawback we encountered was that some guides did not want to be filmed. I'm a videographer and two of the guides on our trip did not wish to be on camera (they didn't same why). However, they did not have a problem with other guests in our group using the cell phone to shoot video. There problem seemed to be that I was using a professional 4k camera. Except for the one drawback with the use of a video camera, everything else was great. My wife and I are currently looking over Viking Cruises for this year. Since my wife is still working, finding a cruise date when she gets her vacation is a challenge. We have told many of our friends about our Viking River Cruise and several have expressed their interest in taking a Viking Cruise.

Our first Viking River Cruise

Richard Jones’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gefjon price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 117
When we booked this cruise there was only one cabin left. We were hoping to get a cabin on one of the upper decks so we would have a better view. However, once we started sailing, we found that the view wasn't a problem. Our stateroom had all the amenities we needed and we immediately we discovered that the view from the ships lounge or top level was much better than looking out a window on just one side of the ship.
Main Deck Outside Cabins