3. Costa neoClassica
The cruise from Mumbai, to the Maldives and to Sri Lanka and back seemed ideal. I love cruising and India and this cruise was January a good way to get away form the cold in UK. I booked through a cruise company not directly. The initial concern was a visa. Ringing Costa to ask for advice I was told they didn't know if I required a full visa or not (In fact a full visa is essential). Checking in in Mumbai was an on shore trail from one counter to another a shuttle bus to the liner. No warm welcome just a pointer to my cabin on deck 4. The cabin was one of the better things of the cruise. Décor was tired, but the safe worked well, the water in the shower always warm and linen changed regularly. However not even a complimentary bottle of water waiting for me. Food was a cross between Italian and Indian. The choice in the formal dining was not good but in the self service buffet it was fine. However the counters are far apart and if you require toast with your egg you have to walk at least 50 yards! Coffee only freely available at breakfast and at afternoon tea, at all other times it had to be bought. Water had to be purchased in the dining room if you required it with your meal. No coffee served at the table after dining. It is the first cruise I have been on where some food was not available free at all times of day. Therefore returning to the ship after being ashore may mean you have to wait until the next time food was available. The passengers aboard are from many countries therefore entertainment had to allow for this. The dancers and visual shows were well done. Other activities had to be conducted in several languages therefore doing quizzes etc was prolonged. The ports visited (apart from Goa) were cities. I was disappointed not to see anything of 'real' India. The cost of the excursions was prohibitive. Being prepared to book independently we saved three quarters of the excursion costs. The time ashore was very short. This was my thirteenth cruise and the first one was not alolowed to go on the promanarde deck! When I question at reception I was met with a blank. Overall this was a bad experience and I shall never go on a Costa cruise again.

SO VERY DISAPPOINTING

Costa neoClassica Cruise Review by MChrisD

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

Overall this was a bad experience and I shall never go on a Costa cruise again.
MChrisD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Classica price drops

Inside Classic
Cabin IC 4051
Tired but tidy and clean.
Genova Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins