• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

erikaks
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin:

This Cruise was a 80th Birthday surprise for my father. We had planned to take a cruise with our immediate family for my dad's 80th. After much planning and secrecy we managed to celebrate this momentous occasion with 6 nieces and nephews joining in the celebrations, making a total party of 12 people.

We had decided on the Fraser Island cruise as this was one destination my dad had wanted to visit, but had never gotten around to.

Unfortunately due to poor port conditions and bad weather we were unable to visit the island. All of our party had planned different shore tours, and we were disappointed about the missed port, but understood the safety implications the Captain had to make. This means we will have another chance to visit, hopefully in the near future, but not by the means of a Cruise.

Cabin Balcony

The Cabin was very spacious with plenty drawer and hanging space. The bathroom was large and help a mini spa bath that we never used. All cabins come with Elimis bathroom products which I liked very much. Our bed was spacious and comfortable with a large lounge area to sit and relax. The balconies were surprisingly roomy with two chairs and a coffee table for drinks.

Port Reviews

Sydney (Australia)

We departed from Whitebay Terminal. For the first time ever we took the Captain Cook ferry to get to the Terminal. Not a bad way to travel.

Fraser Island

I would love to give it a better rating, but due to poor weather we never got to disembark.

8 Helpful Votes